Sunday, January 11, 2009

Three years

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplishedby people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all."


This is a symbol, a symbol to represent three years of sobriety. Although this has taken me three years to obtain every moment of every day has been a part of my journey to get to where I am at within my life.

There's been heartaches, pain both emotionally and physically, yet there has been immense joy during the past three years as well. I have searched my soul, I know who I am today and I like who I am, today I am the person that I've always wanted to be.

I have my family to thank from the bottom of my heart for being here, for loving me when I hated myself, for being a huge part of my life each and every step of the way. December 29, 2005 I was admitted to the hospital for grand mal seizures, from what I have been told, I went through six of them, cracking my head open at the hospital, I believe that this was when God knocked a tad bit of sense into me! :-)

All that I have experienced, the tears, the laughter, the disappointments, and the accomplishments, they all are a part of who I am today, today I will be ok.

The medallion was given to me by a very dear friend who now has nine years of sobriety, he passed on his third year medallion to me. I passed my two year one onto a friend, I feel that I can't keep this if I don't give it away. One day at a time, one step at a time, I know that anything is possible in this life, I push past the fears and do it anyways!

2 comments:

  1. We are so proud of you Darlene! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, three years already. Way to go Mom!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.