Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Elyssa's First Birthday Party

 Elyssa turned one on Thursday but her party was today. What a fantastic way to spend an afternoon, it's just so hard to believe that my sweet, adorable princess is one already!

This was taken just before the birthday party, the princess had to get ready after her nap! 


We had dinner then the fun began. It was time to open the gifts and there were plenty!


Daddy what are you doing with that? I wanna play with it!


After the gifts were all opened it was time to change,we still had to sing happy birthday and have cake!


Elyssa's other Gandma bought a special cake just for Elyssa...
and did she ever have fun with it! 


Happy first Birthday Elyssa, even all covered in cake you're still Grandma's little princess!



17 comments:

  1. No way is she a year old????

    Where has the year gone - Happy birthday little one and congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Elyssa!

    I know I say it every time but I can't get over those eyes! :) She is so cute! :) I love the "after nap" hair! When Cheyenne had her first birthday we had to coax her to eat her cake. She didn't like the idea of getting that messy! It never seemed to bother her before though! :) Wesley was a different story, I think he made a point of seeing just how much of his body he could smear with icing! :)

    It looks like you had a wonderful time! It is so much fun watching her grow up in your posts! Thank you for sharing her with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a perfect life, first you have your own babies then they give you joy back! She is such a darling sweetie, and she is just having the time of her little life! She has the greatest eyes that really show how she loves her world and all her people in it! Happy first birthday !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beverly, as hard as it is to believe Elyssa's already one! Thank you for the kind birthday wishes sent her way.

    Andy grandchildren sure are a blessing, babies first birthdays are so special and at first Elyssa wasn't sure if it was alright to dive into her cake but as you can see after a bit of coaxing she got over that real quick! Her after nap hair is so cute, it has a mind of it's own and goes wild. Sometimes there's nothing that can be done but I love what her Mommy did with it yesterday, Elyssa looked like Pebbles from Flintstones. :-) Elyssa's photos are so easy to share, she's the light of my life! I have to be careful I don't get to carried away is all which can be difficult at times. :-)

    Karen I believe that grandchildren are God's reward to those of us who survive teen years with our own children! And what an amazing reward it is. Elyssa sure did have the time of her life, she is so expressive or maybe seems that much more so because of her big brown eyes. My granddaughter is surrounded by love and is such a precious gift from the heavens above. I love being a Grandmother!

    Happy Mother's day ladies and Andy have an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh...where has that year gone!
    What a lovely celebration! Love it as much as Elyssa loves her cake! Brilliant! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS my niece had a baby boy, Ethan, this morning, so a celebration for our family! Take care Darlin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember my kids first and they all ended up the same way. The last photograph is priceless and after a very difficult day personally it made me smile. Thank you for posting it.

    Si x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh bless her! Children grow up so fast. She is gorgeous. Happy birthday to her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. Wonderful captures of her and I can see your in love with her and why.
    Happy Mothers Day my friend.
    Yippie.. Its warming up and your travels will be in sunshine.
    xox Have a wonderful night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shirleyanne congratulations on becoming a great aunt! How exciting! Thank you and it was such a special day for my baby girl, it is hard to believe that it's been a year already! The time just goes way to fast.

    Si your welcome and I'm glad that my baby girl brought a smile to your face!

    Saz, children sure do grow up so fast, my oldest son is 32 this year. I'd feel old if I didn't have him so young! lol Thank you.

    Lisa thank you and I hope you had a fantastic Mothers Day as well. Finally it's warming up, we've waited a long time for this... maybe, just maybe I can plant this year on the May long weekend, I sure hope so! Wow, where does the time slip away on me here, it's bed time it's looking like. Have a fantastic week and enjoy all that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha, what a sequence, I love the first princess like photo and last "Let's Get Crackin'" photo a lot, what a contrast :-D

    Lovely birthday, lovely kid and lovely family!
    Enjoy life in the best of the health, Elyssa :-)

    Greetz,


    Uncle Joseph :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ola Elyssa is such a happy baby, she's full of joy and lights up any room with her big brown eyes and her sweet smile. I'm so blessed to have such an amazing granddaughter. Enjoy your week!

    Joseph, it was quite the series of events and naturally me being me I was there to capture some of them! :-) One of the birthday gifts I gave to my granddaughter was a photo album which I ordered online, there were photos from birth right up until Easter. I want to do one of these albums for my princess each year as something special for her to keep and treasure throughout the years.

    I stayed on after the guests all left and we played catch and I had some special Grandma time with my little sweetheart. Thank you for your well wishes for Elyssa. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea, actually :-)

    Greetz,


    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why thank you Sir Joseph! I'm full of good ideas, just ask me how many times I've had to fall flat on my face to come up with some of my brilliance! lol

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can you send me some of that brilliance, I think it might come in handy . . . :-D

    Greetz,


    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  16. Joseph sorry but I can't send my life experiences to you but if I could I sure would. One day, I'm not sure which day it's going to be, I'll send you the book I plan on writing. Just cause you're you I'll even sign it for you! lol Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.