Today I hurried to get ready and raced out the door to ensure I was to class on time, I got there with 10 minutes to spare. When I arrived I was surprised that I got a parking spot rather close to the building my class is in, not even questioning it I fed my parking meter and went to class. There was nobody, and I mean nobody, in the building. I went all the way down to the university only to find out that today was a day off!
The trip wasn't a total waste, I had set up a meeting with a friend who has been to Australia. I had to wait an hour and a half, I'm glad I had one of my books to read. When my friend showed up she shared with me some of her experiences of her travels and gave me this information booklet on the city I just happen to be going to.
... tomorrow it's off to the rodeo!


Days off are always good even when you don't expect them! :)
ReplyDeleteSee, good things and special treats come to those in so many unexpected ways! Hooray!
ReplyDeleteSurprise days off are always the best!! Haha. You will seriously love it in Australia, it's so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteyou became to collect guides:) good!
ReplyDeleteYou NEEDED a day off, with your schedule!
ReplyDeleteENJOY!
Glad things worked out for the best.
ReplyDeleteDon't you love pleasant surprises like that ! I mean, a parking spot right up front, time to catch up on reading, and then getting a useful book to boot ! The universe unfolding as it should ;-)
ReplyDeleteGlad you found that stress ball before you totally 'lost' it ;-)
And I hear you about the blog withdrawals. I've been musing this week over what to do with mine - continue with the new look (some of which I liked) or revert. I treated myself to a couple of photo shoots this week - which is a good thing (enjoyable, relaxing ...) but also means taking the time to go through them and deciding on what to post. I decided to go back to the old familiar look since people were having problems with commenting.
Your house looks kinda like ours (until my wife puts my books back). I usually have some piles of them here and there too - stuff I'm reading and those intend to (drives her crazy :(
Well, I'm making the blog rounds tonight - thanks for the visit and I hope you find some 'me' time for yourself this weekend !
Andy it would have been a much better day off if I'd have known there wasn't a class, I go out of my way to get to the University, I paid $8 in parking and then no class... go figure. I'll be chatting with the prof and letting him know that some of us are visiting students and don't get the updates that full time students do, I hope he feels bad enough to increase my grade by at least 10%! lol
ReplyDeleteKaren it was but wasn't a good thing. If you read my first response you'll understand what I mean. Just to get to the university take me at least 35 mins. one way, that's 70 mins. I could have been working on my papers... actually about 3 hours in total. No worries, it's done and over with and today we have a holiday which gave me almost the entire day to work on project. Take care, thanks for dropping by.
Saz I'm totally looking forward to Australia, only about 2 more months! That means I'd best get my things in order, student visa, uni app and all that fun stufff.... great more work! lol
Ola this guide is interesting, I'll know what I want to do and see even before I get on the plane! Gotta love that. :-)
Thank you for helping me to put my day into perspective. You're right, the universe is unfolding exactly how it's supposed to. Sometimes I try to make it work my way and then I get in trouble; the stress piles up, I almost forget to breathe and I lose sight of what I'm doing all of this for. I think that it's time breathe deeply, get a good nights sleep and start again. These essays always come together, the words come to me when I need them and I'm losing the faith... well enough of that! Tomorrow I write like I've never written before.
I'm looking forward to seeing your photos, that's awesome you made some photo time. I LOVE going out with my camera and not a care in the world, there's something about taking pictures that soothes the soul. Thank you for switching back to the old blog, I'm sure I would have figured it out eventually but for now I love familiarity. You drive your wife crazy? Nah, I'm sure she loves you books and all.
Thanks for stopping in, I'll call off the army and let them get back to their regularly scheduled program. Oh, I did make a bit of me time today, I'll be blogging about it in a bit. I just hope I have some decent photos, I was a "no photos" event. :-) Enjoy your weekend!
Kathy so "they" say, whoever "they" are. ;-)
Well hello Rick, I was beginning to wonder what was going on in Florida, I was getting close to calling in the army to come look for you... like I have those sort of connections! lol It's awesome to hear from you,