Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Monday, May 26, 2014

Another Year Gone By

It's hard to fathom how fast time is passing, it seems
only a few short months ago I was celebrating my 50th...
today it's 51! 



I set out yesterday with my DSLR in hand as well as my
tripod as I wanted to capture a final shot of me at 50, 
it's no easy feat to take a self portrait but I pulled it off...
sort of! lol  Thanks to each of you who have been here
commenting on my photos, for the friendships, 
and for the kind words you have all shared with me,
I hope to be back here a bit more often during these summer months,
I miss all of you and sharing our lives with one another, all one
photo at a time. 

Cheers! 

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, dear Darlene!!! You know what they say? 50 is the old age of youth and the youth of old age. You are still a spring chicken!! You look great and I love the way you live life!!! You will ROCK this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great year and you're ready for what life gives you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy, what will be will be and I'm so looking forward to finishing this educational journey...only 3 courses to complete next year and I'm done! Enjoy your week ;)

      Delete
  3. Well, happy birday! I can tell you 51 ain't bad. You have the right attitude about life. Bring it on and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Red, I hope you have a phenomenal week!

      Delete
  4. ach het mooiste komt nog,let maar op.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, dear Darlin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great photo! Happy birthday Darlin! :-)

    Hope you'll have a great weekend!
    http://dzjiedzjee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gert, I'm going to put in a bit more effort and ensure I add a post real soon...I miss all of you! Enjoy your week :)

      Delete
  7. There are days when I wish I had the ability to slow down time. It moves too quickly, and in only one direction. Fortunately I've been able to cross paths with good souls like you who know how to appreciate life on a seemingly different level. It turns out you don't need to slow down time. Rather, you simply need to savour what you're given. Thank you for helping reinforce this simple truth in everything you do. Here's to many more years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carmi, life really is one moment at a time and I find what I choose to do with these moments makes the world of difference... As I sit outside of the Outpatient Mental Health area in one of our local hospitals extremely grateful I'm here for educational purposes and not as a client :). Cheers!

      Delete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.