Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Hello!

Hi there, it's been far too long once again since I've
posted, soon enough I'll be settling in for winter and hope
to be back on a more regular basis.  Hmmm now what have
I been up to?  Right, I've purchased a new camera, the Canon
Rebel T5i and I'm still learning the camera.  I've been doing
more portraits and my latest was a pregnancy photo shoot, a first
for me but what fun! 

Here's a few of the shots from this shoot...



Another photo shoot was my niece, those who 
have followed my blog for some time know my 
niece Cheryl who lived with me, well she's back
temporarily and we've been up to our usual Auntie/Niece 
sort of things...

Playing in the hat store

After the mall it was out playing in the leaves, a friend
of mine's daughter joined us as well and we had 
such a fun afternoon. I think it's hanging out with these
young people from time to time which keeps
my spirit young! 


Today I went down to the Farmers Market, it's a quaint
market which has everything from soup to nuts, clothes,
to various forms of artwork. I started to chat with this
one artist who makes beautiful pieces of work out of
metal.  I love his work and he's in need of photos for 
his website.  I love the barter system so I struck up a deal, 
for a piece of his work I'll take photos for his website. I shot
a few photos, came home and played on my computer and
sent him a few photos, he's impressed so now
my Christmas shopping just got easier!   

Here's a couple of the shots I sent to him. 


As for university, I'm down to the two courses and still am 
the PRO of procrastination as you can tell. I'd rather be
playing with my camera than writing papers but the papers
still have to be written so on that happy note... it's time to
dive into a textbook and read at least one chapter tonight. Sigh, 
but at least the end is in sight, I can feel it coming! 

To my Canadian friends and those who celebrate
Thanksgiving, wishing you and your loved ones a 
blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. I know I sure have a
lot to be grateful for! 

12 comments:

  1. je hebt je aardig uit kunnen leven wat een plezier moeten jullie gehad hebben.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Het leven gaat voorbij al te snel , maar ja , ik ben het omarmen van de momenten in de tijd .

      Hebben een heerlijke week ! Cheers .

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you. You do manage to keep busy and well amused. Always fun to see your post. Good luck on the last two courses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Red, I sure miss everyone here but if I don't get out and about while it's still nice out winter is going to seem so much longer! Cheers, great to hear from you!

      Delete
  3. Loved seeing your post!!! Young people have a way of infusing us with their energy!!
    Happy Thanksgiving! I have a friend who is Canadian and she flew 'home' (although she is now an American citizen) to celebrate with family. Wishing you and yours a blessed THANKSGIVING!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, I think I'm still full from yesterdays meal at my sisters! She put out an insane amount of food, something I always do as well and even taking a wee bit of everything filled up a plate! That's awesome your friend has the opportunity to return home for Thanksgiving, at least the weather is holding up!

      Have yourself a wonderful week, great to hear from you! Cheers.

      Delete
  4. You are really good at portraits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ola, I'm going to get into doing portraits for others as a sideline as I now have my portfolio built up to the point others can see what I can do. I sure have a passion for portraits, I like to capture the true essence of the individual. I won't do weddings ever again, I did one small one and that was enough of that. I like to get to know my subjects, to engage and to have fun with them.

      Have yourself a wonderful week! Cheers.

      Delete
  5. Hey Darlin, Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. Your Metal Artist friend does some nice work, it's good to see your having fun with your new camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now where did my response get to? Interesting, maybe I clicked the wrong thing... anyways I was saying it's great to hear from you Horst, I hope life is treating you well. Are you out taking pics these days? We've sure had a gorgeous fall with some beautiful days and I'm hoping it lasts well into November, wouldn't that be grand?

      Hope you have a fantastic week! Cheers.

      Delete
  6. You are doing some amazing things!! Loved getting to see your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, you are a ray of sunshine! Have yourself a wonderful week. Cheers :-)

      Delete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.