Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Ten Years

This year marks ten years I've been going out to buy myself a new tree ornament after Christmas, I do this for two reasons:  the first being they're all on sale for ridiculously discounted prices, more importantly each year I've chosen to continue walking the Red Road I celebrate in some small way.  

This first one spoke to me...


Back in the day my mother would talk endlessly for hours on her CB radio, her handle was Foxy Gal and today I smile as I think back to those days.  Really how much has changed since then?  Meeting people in unconventional ways has become the conventional way for our younger generations and some of us baby boomers, many new friendships begin online.  Interestingly enough my mom met her husband via the CB in about 1981 and they remained married until she passed into the spirit world in 2002.  I sure miss that Foxy Gal, but she lives on in my heart

And me, well being me, at the price of the ornaments I had to get two! If I keep this up I'll need a separate tree for these special ornaments.  Now this is definitely something to work towards! 


And today I leave you with this wee bit of sage advice:


And I say dance on, in my opinion life is far too short not to dance! 

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Ola, and I know I'm a bit late in saying this but wishing you and you're family a Blessed and Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. That Foxy Gaal brings a smile to my face! I do believe in spending life - it just slips through our fingers otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb. Wishing you a fantastic week!

      Delete
  3. I totally agree, dance away, dance for us all. That little fox is adorable, and I'd buy it too, but your sweet memory and story behind it makes it even more special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, these ornaments I buy after Christmas all have a wee bit of a story to them. I was going to say I choose them for this reason but now that I think about it I do believe they choose me! :-)

      Have yourself a phenomenal week!

      Delete
  4. TRaditions! You have more traditions than just Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red you bet, lots of traditions going on in my world, some not so new, others I've started and hope some of them are carried forward. Have yourself a wonderful week and stay warm! Friday it's supposed to warm up and I'm sure hoping this is true, with as mild as it has been so far this year I'm not at all acclimatized for this -25!

      Delete
  5. What a great tradition. I think I'm going to copy you next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam and I look forward to seeing your collection grow from year to year! :-) Have an awesome week!

      Delete
  6. I love ornaments that bring back memories (like yours do).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy it's a great way to visit the past each year when I set up my tree and from the sounds of it you're able to do the same. I love this concept and have an ornament dating back to my oldest sons kindergarten days, he made it over 30 years ago and each year I smile with fond memories. Have yourself a wonderful week!

      Delete
  7. We love Christmas ornaments. Rick, your latest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rick, welcome to my wee corner of the world. I'm not posting as much lately but do enjoy the company immensely! I'll come for a visit on your blog. Cheers.

      Delete
  8. This is a tradition we have done with our family since Tammy and I were first married. One ornament for each of us every year! Needless to say, after 17 years of marriage and two teenage kids, our tree is very full of some wonderful memories each year!

    How have things been going for you these past couple years? I've been a little lax in my blog reading lately! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This past few years, well now where to start! lol I've finally finished my studies, now seeking employment which is a bit more challenging than anticipated but it'll come yet. I celebrated completing 7 years of studies with a trip to Mexico and had a blast. My granddaughter is growing like crazy, precious as ever and the kids are all healthy, happy and doing extremely well which makes this momma bear extremely happy.

      I'll swing by for a visit and see how you've been, wishing you a wonderful week and congrats on 17 years, that's so awesome to hear!

      Delete
  9. I love that saying!!! I am spending my afternoon right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right on Linda, life is definitely to be lived, not merely endured! Have a wonderful week!

      Delete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.