Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Catering Begins


Today I went to help a really good friend with a catering job; this friend used to be my boss and it wasn't until I was back in the apron that I realized just how much I miss cooking at the Club. Today we fed approximately 80 elderly people, the Ironworkers put on a Christmas dinner every year for their retirees and it's such a fun job to cater.

There's a few more Christmas catering jobs coming up that I'm going to help out with, I hope each one is just as much fun as it was today... mind you whenever I work with my friend we have a blast!

7 comments:

  1. A wonderful gesture to take your time out frm your studies! Lolling forward for the first snow shot from you! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, good for you! I have a serving jobs on both the 3rd and the 10th of December. Black pants and white shirt, here I come!

    Your fellow server,

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wong to go to work was like taking a break, I loved it! The snow shots are on their way. Last year we had record snowfall, it was crazy. I hope we don't get as much this year, mind you I should be in Australia mid January if all goes well. :-) Have a wonderful weekend!

    Ola that it is! I still have all my baking to get to but I'm waiting til my classes are done. Have a great weekend!

    Pearl, that's awesome. I love feeding people this time of year, they're in such good spirits generally. Have fun with your jobs! Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My compliments , dear Darlin.
    You are able to reconcile the study, the commitments of family with voluntary work.
    Wish you a nice w.e.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun helping your good friend. The spread looks awesome, I'm sure the food tastes as good as it looks. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Erika, it can be challenging to every now and again I take a bit of a break. A very wonderful weekend to you as well. :-)

    Horst it was such a delicious turkey dinner, the people we fed were extremely impressed...this is why we feed them year after year. This group of retirees are a blast, I wouldn't miss it for a single thing, well unless I can't get a day off next year. So how've you been? Is the snow keeping you indoors? It's sure been nice for this time of year, I hope it continues. Take care and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.