I've been sitting at my computer far too long today, I've been writing, researching, taking the odd break, then getting right back at it. Dinner tonight consisted of something I tossed in the microwave, it actually wasn't all that bad, or so I'll tell myself. I just doused it in hot sauce and brought the toss away bowl up to my desk and continued to work.
The marks are hanging in there, in most courses anyways. This one was for a group project, 3 of us busted out butts to get this presentation done but it paid off. I'm finished one class, only 6 more to wrap up and it's a done deal. There's a very dim light at the end of the tunnel, as each assignment is completed it's getting a wee bit brighter.
Thank goodness for microwavable food, it beats the heck out of a protein shake for dinner... well some days it does.

Ooooh! Nice mark there :D
ReplyDeleteWe NEED to make a dinner date and go for a REAL MEAL!!!!
Hang on to the dim light. Unlike an old light bulb- YOUR light is like one of those ones that take a bit to brighten- and pretty soon you'll need shades to dim the brightness;))
Ok - now that I've read all the posts I've missed and looked at all your photos, I can have a little 'chat' ;-)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on getting the first class out of the way (a journey of a thousand miles ...). Wow - those photos of Elyssa are gorgeous - what a sweetheart ! Love the caption on the first !! We also bought a camera for our oldest granddaughter (so she'll leave her mom's alone). I'm sure our email will be full of her photos before long - can't wait ! And I'm sure your catering work was very much appreciated ("whatever you do to the least of these ...").
Just a few more weeks to plug away, Darlene - the light is getting brighter with each day ! Have a very productive week !
Dawn thank you, and thank you and thank you! I think I'm running out of words for tonight! lol You're right, we're going to have to go out and paint the town read.. see what I mean? ... red one of these days, a nice dinner, maybe a piano bar or a concert afterwards, or we could go to a dinner theater, now that sounds like fun, or a comedy club. In the city there's so much to do, I just never get out to do it because I'm sitting at my computer writing stupid essays. Maybe I should suggest sunglasses for Christmas? ;-)
ReplyDeleteHELLO RICK, (oops that's my outdoor voice), where the heck you been? I'll venture over after I'm done chatting with you here and hopefully see some new photos.
Thank you for your kind words, it's people like you and Dawn, and a few others here, who help me to keep going some nights. There are nights when I glance over at my nice comfy bed (ya since my son's been here my desk is now in my bedroom) and I just want to crawl in, then all of a sudden someone pops into my world with some kind words of encouragement and I keep on pushing forward. I am so grateful for this, I'm going to have to share this degree with some of you! lol How about some free counseling if ever needed? ;-)
That's awesome you bought your granddaughter a camera, which granddaughter is always taking her mother's camera? I don't think that Elyssa will have a clue yet what to do with her camera, she's so young but then again she's such a smart little girl and she has an amazing memory. I've got her a few gifts, if she shows no interest in this I'm sure she'll find something from her Grammy she's going to love.
Yup, a few more short weeks, not even... it's down to day counting now, 9 more days and I'm done with going to class, then a few finals to go back for and I've applied for two more correspondence courses. Then that's it! Wow, I can't believe this. I shall have a productive week, I have no choice in the matter! lol
You take care, I'm outta breath and now I'm going to go and read a chapter which I have to write a 10 page essay on, I want that one done by Wednesday... hmmm can she do it? This journey of 1000 essays has challenged me more than I ever have been challenged at anything in my life, well almost anything. Have a fantastic week Rick.
Oh my goodness, I don't believe I just typed that much, and here I thought I was out of words! lol Happy reading Dawn and Rick... as I laugh. Nite.
ReplyDeleteSometimes simple and quick food is better than something you have to pay a lot attention for:) but not too often:)
ReplyDeleteWOW...good for you...a glimmer down that dark, dark tunnel shows progress is being made!
ReplyDeleteWell, I had cereal for dinner last night! Didn't even find anything to put in the microwave. Ha! Just enjoyed catching up on your blog after a Thanksgiving break. Glad you are hanging in there.
ReplyDeleteOla it's also better than not eating, I do that too often. I generally don't even purchase this type of food, I have to right now with my last week and a bit in university, that or starve! lol
ReplyDeleteTheanne, I'm getting there one essay at a time. As I sit at the university right in this moment I feel like walking away and never looking back, I can't allow myself to do this though... I'm so very close and it's almost over, almost!
Galen that's an awesome idea to grab a bowl of cereal, maybe I'll do just that tonight. Thanks for the reminder, I used to do the same thing. :-) I am hanging in here, it feels like by only a thread sometimes but I haven't been late with a single paper yet. I'm pretty darn proud of what I'm doing, the dedication and determination hasn't left me much of a life other than studies, but honestly, what else would I be doing? I had a discussion with my son the other day, we were talking about once I'm done with my studies, he thinks that I might get bored! I may at first but there's so much I want to do that I highly doubt I'll be bored for long.
Have a wonderful day ladies, thanks for stopping in.
Darlin did you eat spaghetti? I'm seeing a dish of "pasta". Microwave is very useful.
ReplyDeleteYou have an iron will. My compliments!
Ha ha, Darlene - you must have been in 'essay writing' mode when you wrote those replies !
ReplyDeleteThe camera is for our oldest granddaughter - Hailey - who's already 7 (!!). Maybe I'll have to post some of her photos after Christmas !
Ok you - back to the essays ;-)
Erika it was angel hair pasta, and I don't even like pasta! lol Thank you, I'm giving this educational journey my best shot and so far it's working.
ReplyDeleteRick, that must have been it, the long response that is! lol I'm sure Hailey will LOVE her camera, she can go out taking photos with Grandpa now. I'm looking forward to seeing her photos, that's going to be awesome. Hailey couldn't have better teachers, both you and her mom will guide her along... well for as long as she lets you. Girls will be girls. Nuf said! :-)