Austin is progressing in leaps and bounds, he no longer uses a wheelchair and goes for walks, he's in physio, he's now attending 'school' in the hospital, he goes to the 'beach', plays bingo with the other children and today Austin told me he even skyped with Santa! It's surreal to think that Austin had major heart surgery on November 17th, they installed a device known as VAD which is like a pump which keeps his heart beating. Amazing Awesome Austin will need a heart transplant and is on the list, but for now it's amazing to see how he's progressing and how fast he's coming around.
This is our little Iron Man, Austin Auntie loves you and thinks you are an amazing young man!

Always good to hear that Austin is doing well even if he more bridges to cross. Good to see that hospitals have smartened up and he's allowed to wear some of his own clothes.
ReplyDeleteThank you Red, and yes finally the hospitals are encouraging the patients to lead 'normal' lifestyles, as normal as one can be in a hospital setting. It's this way in the children's ward anyways. I'm not sure about the adults now, but I know when I was hospitalized I wanted to, and often did, get dressed and feel sort of normal.
DeleteHave a wonderful Sunday Red!
This is a wonderful update!
ReplyDeletePam it's amazing how strong my great nephew is, he's doing so well and naturally there's set backs, but over all he's sure progressing at an amazing rate!
DeleteThat's wonderful news - he has such an adorable little face.
ReplyDeleteIt sure is Davine! :-)
DeleteWonderful news, Darlene . . . Although, I am really not up-to-date on the story behind. But, it is always sensational to see a person recovering from an illness. I bet his parents are relieved . . . :-)))
ReplyDeleteGreetz,
Joseph
Hi Joseph, if you google VAD, this is what the specialists have in Austin to help keep his heart beating until he can get a transplant. It's amazing the technology today, but it's sure a blessing we have it!
DeleteIt's still one day at a time, but to think that Austin had open heart surgery a mere 18 days ago is truly remarkable!
Thank you.
Cheers.
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteHi Darlene,
DeleteWhat I meant by "I am really not up-to-date on the story behind." was who is Austin and when did he get ill!? I was not asking about the definition of the medical/technical terms :-)))
Did you post anything regarding the above on your blog? Links?
Excuse my "nosiness", Austin looks like a very nice boy, and I would like to read a little bit more about him and his courageous fight ;-)
Greetz,
Joseph
I've been catching up on your blog, and especially the news about Austin's progress. He is a trooper. All that snow! I remember living in snow like that in Montana. Not so much snow here in Portland, or even up at my cabin. It's beautiful if you are walking or cozy inside, but not for driving!
ReplyDeleteGalen hello, yes Austin is a real trooper, he's an amazing young man!
DeleteMontana is so beautiful, I've only ever been to Big Sky but fell in love with it there, it's almost time to revisit this place one of these years but definitely not in the winter!
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Wonderful to see Austin looking so well ..... what a joy and relief to his family.
ReplyDeleteThank you Dianne!
DeleteI'm very glad dear Darlene! A big kiss to Iron Man from Italy.
ReplyDeleteErika I will tell Austin on Monday you are sending a big kiss all the way from Italy, that should put a smile on his darling face! :-)
DeleteHugs from Canada!
Austin is looking darn good from your photo. Getting stronger all the time. Hope the find a heart for him so he can be free from the pump.
ReplyDeleteHorst Austin is looking darn good, not only in photos but in person as well. He's had a bit of a sore tummy this past 2 days but hopefully this too shall pass. It would sure be nice if they had a heart for him, I don't know exactly how this works but if they'd have to wait now for a while to do another major operation. What is meant to be will be and I believe strongly that Austin will make it through all of this with flying colors!
DeleteHave a wonderful day Horst and stay warm!
Hi! Quick question that's completely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My website looks weird when viewing from my apple iphone. I'm trying
ReplyDeleteto find a template or plugin that might be able to
correct this issue. If you have any suggestions, please share.
Thank you!
My page - www.partygalleries.com