Now that my final practicum is complete, actually the day I finished
I came home, loaded up and hit the highway. I was off to the rodeo, literally!
I went back to my old home town, about a 4 hour drive and
made it in time for the rodeo dance and what a good time that was.
The following day I went to the actual rodeo and watched...
here I'll show you some of what I watched.
I took tons of photos, watched it all, went on a
few rides and had another wonderful day.
Some real good lookin' cowboys ladies! :-)
The following day I went to visit my Mom and Dad at the
cemetery, it was 12 years to the date my Mother passed.
Afterwards I returned to the old home quarter and did a
photo shoot, some "selfies".
I got home in time to do a load of laundry, have a shower,
make a quick pasta salad for a pig roast and I hit the
highway once again. This time the drive was only about
an hour and a half and I was off to a 3 day party. One of the
highlights of this event... I was the photographer and look at
what I managed to shoot!
I had an amazing weekend; fantastic people, amazing food and Harley heaven!
And tonight is my final class of the practicum and
then I'm free to roam about the countryside at my
leisure for a few weeks before I hit the books for
one final round... 3 more courses and that's it! I'm
3 courses away from landing that job which will
allow me to buy my bike, if I so choose to!
I hope you're all loving what you do
and doing what you love. Cheers.





Good to hear you're making progress toward your goal! I've never been to a real rodeo; it looks like a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteKathy it is a ton of fun and if you've never been I highly recommend taking in at least one and stay for the dance! :-)
Deleteglad you got to go home. :) LOVE the motorcycle group! great photos!
ReplyDeleteThanks Tex, it sure has been a fun week!
DeleteRodeos are great fun when they're local. Great photos of the motor cycles. The best part is the old wood on the building. it's always good to see you post.
ReplyDeleteThank you Red, the frames for the biker photos are going to be made from this old building. I've had some of the prints enlarged and once the framing is done they're going to be outstanding!
DeleteI was playing with my blog format yesterday and now I'm squinting to see the comments... best go and fix that up right away! lol Enjoy your day!
De titel zegt het al je moet het leven ook leven, mooie foto,s.
ReplyDeleteDank u, en leven in de volle! Geniet van je weekend. : -)
DeleteThanks for dropping by - I wasn't sure you were still blogging but I see you've been able to post a few times. Looks like you've been quite busy - what else is new.
ReplyDeleteAnd speaking of rodeos, we always went when we lived near Calgary - loved it, and the Stampede breakfasts and the whole city getting into the spirit. Good times I'll never forget. I still wear my Calgary Stampede 2001 belt buckle proudly.
Enjoy the last month off before you hit the books for the final push!
Thanks Rick, I'm like a butterfly these days, fluttering around aimlessly and enjoying my time off. This could easily be the last hurrah, the final time off for a while so it's time to get down to some serious fun! Speaking of which, I really should update my blog. I have some amazing pics from the Cariwest parade which transpired this past weekend. Right now I'm ironing and packing up once again, another road trip.
DeleteI can only imagine how much you miss the rodeos after attending them for so long. So do tell, what's the story behind the belt buckle? Did you last the 8 seconds? ;-)
Have yourself a wonderful weekend, it's fantastic touching base with you again!
Cheers.
Ha ha - no, it only took me 8 seconds to decide to buy it (the belt buckle) but it hasn't been off my belt since. Little did I know that about a year later I would be leaving Alberta (*sob*). Haven't been to a rodeo since.
DeleteI do play 'Alberta Bound' (Gord Lightfoot) on a regular basis - 'specially when I feel a little nostalgic.