Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Fun Continues

Now that I've returned home a bit of a catch up here.  I went out
to the country to isolate and have some quiet time, time to 
read and do what must be done to prepare myself for the
block week course I have coming up starting on Sept. 2. I ask,
where did summer go?  

I started out staying with a friend, the one who has the gorgeous 
horse, but this horse has been limping a bit so I got to meet
one of my second cousins who is a farrier. I've chatted with this
cousin via facebook, but never met him til now.


Handsome young man who knows his horses! 

Then it was off to a family pig roast, what an awesome time
seeing family I haven't seen in eons. 


There was something for kids of all ages... 
as you can see from the top right photo my inner 
child even came out to play!  Yup, it's been an awesome
week, good people, good food, tons of fun and I even
managed to knock off about 3/4 of my readings. 

18 comments:

  1. everybody having fun! nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cquek, hope you have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  2. Heerlijke foto,s en ja een paardensmit is toch wel een vak apart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bedankt voor het compliment over mijn foto's, als ik ga terug in de tijd het is me duidelijk dat met de praktijk, veel praktijk komt hun vaardigheden verbeteren. : -) een fijne week!

      Delete
  3. Hi Darlin,
    Was so happy to see you stopped by the farm today.
    Your photography is amazing ~ I was just back tracking some of your posts.
    Glad your back I thought you had stopped blogging :(
    Nice that you got together with family and friends and had fun !
    Hope to see more of you again.
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Willow, great to hear from you again. I was going to give up blogging but it's in my blood, part time is better than not posting at all and visiting all of my wonderful friends, such as yourself. Thank you for your kind words.

      Odd that some of my posts the photos just disappeared, I'm going to see if I can find a solution to this as I have no idea what transpired there, I haven't deleted anything from my online storage... learned that one the hard way some time ago now. If I don't find the solution I guess I'll back track in time and manually add all of the photos from this year as I'd like to get another book printed, maybe at the end of next year as I'm not posting nearly as much and it'd be a pretty skinny book! lol

      Have yourself a wonderful week, cheers.

      Delete
  4. Oh gee what fun you've been having for sure. Love the face paintings, yours is beautiful too, not even scary at all! Hehehe. I agree with you about summer, it's always like that, and the winter months (with such shorter daylight) seem to last on and on and on! Enjoy what little is left of summer before all that study stuff and well you know that other stuff.....! Brrr, I felt a chill just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, it's so good to hear from you. I love your energies and sure hope to have the opportunity to meet you one of these fine years. :-)

      Life, in my opinion, is way too short NOT to have fun. I was back at it again last night, no photos of the later part of the evening though as I was out listening to some raunchy rock and roll waiting for the "good" rock and roll to start up and I wasn't disappointed.

      Yup, this summer was/is way too short. I'm thinking that I might have to start covering the tomatoes, it's getting that cold in the night. Brrrr is right. One day +30, the next 0 at night and I don't like this one wee bit, but what's a girl to do? ;-)

      Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  5. Keeping busy like this really gets you prepared for the one week course. Good to see you post again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Red, I get missing all of you when I don't show up for a while. Blogging is in my blood and who knows, I just might start incorporating more posts once I'm through this educational journey, might being the key word as I have no idea where I'm being led to and this is half the fun of this experience!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Tex it was a phenomenal get together, hopefully this will become an annual event!

      Cheers.

      Delete
  7. Something for kids of all ages mans fun is always had indeed, sounds like a great time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet Pat, fun was had by all! I sure hope this becomes an annual event, I'll be there in a heartbeat if it transpires again... well a 5 hour heartbeat, the amount of time it takes to drive there. :-)

      Cheers.

      Delete
  8. Things for all ages means fun is always had indeed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where are my manners? Still on holidays I'm guessing.... welcome to my blog, my wee spot in this wonderful world of the net. :-)

      Delete
  9. Well I hope that wasn't a 'family pig' that you roasted ;>)

    Looks like you're back in the thick of the books and essays again - the final push! Gonna be some celebrating when this year's done.

    I agree that the summer's gone too quickly - seems to be going faster every year. We've got trees turning colour already - and September just got here! Before we know it we'll be escaping south again.

    Good luck with the studies. Nice to see you come here (blog) once in a while. Looks like I'm on a similar schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no, not sure what happened there, I was on a roll and typed out my comment... more like a letter, and poof, it's gone! lol I'll get back to you real soon Rick, like maybe after this block week course, it's full on crazy making time, I think that it's a good thing I'm a wee bit nuts to start with that way I don't have far to go to hit the full on crazy and can handle this intense course. lol Have an awesome day, I will get back to you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.