Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Growing up... Optional

As I look at all that I do, (yup, turning another year older does this to me),
I'm extremely grateful to have such a young heart and quest
for life. I want to explore, dance, play and make the most of this
life, so that I do.  Last night to celebrate turning another year older
I went out with a girlfriend and it turned out to be quite the night.

We went out to a place known as Big Al's, there was a Jam Session,
going on. The entertainment, well to put it mildly, the first two
bands made me cringe.  The third band had a fantastic lead singer,
but the band itself left something to be desired. What did I expect, 
after all it was a Jam Session.  But what we found most entertaining
was the 'ballerina.'

A lady got up on the empty dance floor, it was apparent she has had
some type of training, what we guessed to be ballet.  She was not
only graceful and elegant, her movements captured attention...until,
well I'm not sure what the ballerina was ingesting but after about an hour
the poor girl could hardly keep from falling flat on her face. All
grace and poise went out the window. Sorry ballerina, but we had to laugh! 

My girlfriend and I decided to go outside for a smoke, not long after
a firetruck pulled up and I joked with my friend, told her she didn't have
to get me firemen for my birthday! ;-)  Shortly after an ambulance pulled
up, unbeknownst to either of us there was a young lady inside
who required an ambulance, she had overdosed on something. As they 
brought her out on a stretcher it perplexed both of us, neither of us
had even seen her in the establishment.  I hope and pray for that young
lady's sake she's going to be okay and learn from this.   

At the end of our adventure I couldn't help but laugh, my friend had 
ordered a bottle of wine, it was much cheaper than buying it by 
the glass, and the waitress brought my friend a bag to take the 
remaining half bottle of wine home. This is new to me, 
back in my drinking days people would get charged for taking 
alcohol out of a club,
today it's called corkage and totally legal.


So as you can see, and those of you who 'know' me here can attest to this... 

I know that growing old is not only a blessing, it is mandatory, 
whereas, thankfully growing up is entirely optional and I flatly refuse
to grow up! 

4 comments:

  1. Good to see that you're still young enough to "go out" and celebrate a birthday. Happy birthday! I hope you had a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Red, I was blessed and got to celebrate twice this year, and I still have one more major celebration with my children coming up the first weekend in June. I'm sure I'll be sharing this one as well! Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! I always admire your acrtive life and vitality visible on your posts (especially your studies). This is a good motivation when I feel from time to time like I want to do nothing at all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ola, finally the studies are done now all that's left to wrap it up is the graduation and I have two ceremonies to attend. Then it's into the work world with me. I'm glad to hear that you get motivated reading my blog... rarely a dull moment in my world! lol

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.