Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Oilers Hockey

Both of my boys are die hard Oilers fans. It is surprising that neither of them have given up on this team, the team hasn't been doing so well. The last cup that the Edmonton Oilers won was in the 1989 - 1990 season, that's 20 years ago! The team did come close in 2006 - 2007 making it all the way to game 7 of the playoffs but couldn't quite pull it off and lost to the Carolina Hurricanes.

I was over at my middle son Derek's today and he was showing me some of his boxing day deals he purchased. As you can see he bought 8 hockey caps, the got an Oilers hoodie and a really nice Oilers spring jacket, and for amazing prices. 

Now the fun will begin, I think that it's going to be another family ordeal to go out to West Edmonton Mall and collect the players signatures. I'll go but this year I want to make sure that I get Sheldon Souray to sign something for me, although I'm not sure what just yet.... ok I just want to hear Souray talk, he's got the sexiest voice I have ever heard AND he's the most handsome hockey player I have ever seen in my life! Ladies check out the link and let me know what you think! 

10 comments:

  1. Oh I know the feeling of your team not quite getting there!!!!. I really really love ice-hockey. When we lived in Toronto and New York we went to the ice-hockey pretty often. My little boy (Shane) played as well. Which was pretty cool for an Aussie kid. We get it on TV occasionally over here, but I would love to see a game again. Last time I was in Vancouver it happened to be when the season didn't happen due to stikes or something. Oh by the way sorry but I go for Calgary Flames - please still talk to me. Wow what a long comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh the Flames? LOL The Oilers and the Flames are such rivals, but when it comes right down to it at the end of the day if it is only the Flames left to represent Alberta or Canada for that matter, then yes I too hope that they win!

    I wish I had more time sometimes to do all that I love to do, I'd try to take in a game every now and again. There's still time left in the regular season that I just might have to check into that, if I do make it I will take tons of photos just for you Davine! Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh i love ice hockey, i really do live in the wrong country...lol... its one sport i could get addicted too, mind you i dont even skate. Ive only ever seen it on tv and its so rare here which is a shame. Though i don't have a team. I did play a bit of land hockey, would be awesome to have the speed of the ice...so does Canada have its own teams? or do they play against America's team. I surpose my question is is their one league or many?
    Afraid i can't comment on your new love ..lol.. i only have eyes for one man ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, he's very good looking. I'm going to find a clip of his voice for good measure. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. POD, when I heard Souray speak I hadn't even laid eyes on him yet, then when I did WOW! That photo he had another lady move aside so that I could take his photo, our eyes connected..... sigh too bad that's all that connected! LOL

    A'isha, hockey used to be our sport, that is until the States and big dollars made it their enterprise, or are trying to. They have 24 teams in the NHL, Canada has six. I am happy to say that two of Canada's teams are here in Alberta. Our chances have dwindled but the support our Oilers have is phenomenal, the fans here have been rated the number one fans of any team! Oilers are Edmontons hockey team in the NHL.

    I wish at times that I had more time to watch and go to the games (to go to a game is quite expensive so it's a real treat when I do get to go!). Sad that you don't get to watch more hockey, I wonder if you can google any games? Have you tried that?

    Cheers ladies, hope you have a good day/evening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. its sad that it always comes down to the dollar in sports... once i do get broadband ill be sure to download.. great idea....ty.

    It also sux it costs so much money to go to a game, once it use to be a family affair but now in all countries its a treat, same deal here with any major sport. This is life...
    Stay happy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally forgot to check out the Oilers store in the mall on boxing day. I was too busy shopping for the baby. Oh well, there is always next year.

    I don't have a lot of stuff to sign this year. With how bad the team is playing I bet the line ups won't be as long. Hopefully Souray will be there this year, rumor has it he may be traded. He told the press the other day he would be willing to waive his NTC (no trade clause) if the trade was right for his family and for the team. Not a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Noooo, not Souray! Another dream shattered! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe that we forgot to go to this store! I know that we were planning to...oh well, next year I guess. Looks like Derek got some great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find it rather hard to believe as well Sandy! But you're so right... always next year! I love Derek's jacket he got, a really nice spring one!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.