I hope you all had a magnificent Christmas and enjoyed
bringing in the New Year with those you love. I wish each
of you a blessed, healthy and prosperous New Year!
I've been spending some time away from my blog, I've
been more active in life and with these studies starting up
again tomorrow I've decided after 5 years of blogging
almost daily that it's about time to take a break from it.
It's been a difficult decision, I've met so many wonderful
people, both in person and over this wide world of the web,
but I feel I don't have the time to commit to posting or
keeping in touch with those I've connected with here.
What started out as a year long project has turned into
5 years. I've come a long ways in a short period of time and
would like to thank each and every one of you who have
offered me words of support and encouragement throughout
the years. I'll be back from time to time to post,
I'm not going to quit cold turkey as I would miss all of
you way too much if I just stopped blogging, you've all
become a part of my community... thank you for this.
Last night to being in the New Year, I cooked a nice meal for my
son and myself, then I spent the rest of my evening alone and
I reflected on the year gone by and have a few goals set for this
brand new year, but what will be will be.
Til we chat again I wish you well, and I hope and pray
that this upcoming year is a blessed one for you and
your loved ones!
Cheers.

I'll miss you, and look forward to reading your posts whenever you happen to check in.
ReplyDeleteThank you Kathy, I will miss you as well... but it's see ya later not goodbye. ;-) Happy New Year to you and your loved ones!
DeleteWell, I will miss you! You were on the right side of things and certainly gave me support for what I think. Much success in your courses.
ReplyDeleteHappy New year.
Red I shall miss you as well, but as I mentioned I'll be here for a visit from time to time... can't just leave you all and not stay in touch. I also don't want too much dust to settle on my camera so I'll still be taking photos from time to time. I hope once this education is completed that I'll have more time... a girl can dream! ;-) Have yourself a wonderful day and a blessed New Year!
DeleteHappy New Year Darlin. Stay warm.
ReplyDeleteThank you Horst and wishing you a very Happy New Year as well!
DeleteHappy New Year! We will be waiting for your posts!
ReplyDeleteThank you Ola, and a very Happy New Year to you as well! I'll visit from time to time, would miss you all too much to just walk away. Have a wonderful day!
Deleteeen heel gelukkig liefdevol en gezond nieuwjaar.
ReplyDeleteDank u! Wij wensen u en uw dierbaren een zeer gezegend jaar. Want anders mis IK stoppen hier dagelijks, maar het leven is nu bezig met studies opstarten vandaag en deze term IK ben studeren in 3 gangen, op dit niveau van onderwijs kan het interessant houden van alle metingen en schrijven. IK zal stoppen met van tijd tot tijd en post willekeurig en uitkijken naar een bezoek aan je blog zo nu en dan. Een heerlijke dag, cheers.
DeleteHappy New Year.
ReplyDeleteThank you LL and a very Happy New Year to you as well!
DeleteVery nice post! Happy New Year too!
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely weekend!
Cath.
Thank you Cath, hope to see you sometime throughout the year!
DeleteThank you very much Darlin. I understand your decision. It is difficult to combine study with other things like blogging I wish you good luck and a lot of success with your studies. Give an occasional sign of life here on your blog, will you? We will wait patiently! : -)
ReplyDeleteI hope till soon! ;-)
Gert Jan Hermus
dzjiedzjee.blogspot.com
Gert sometimes I wonder how I've kept up to my blog as well as I did over this past four, no it's five, years with all of the studies I've challenged. I sure love my blog and will miss it but something has to give and it's no longer going to be my sleep! I will be back from time to time, especially when I can get out taking photos, sometimes one just hast to share those which are too good to keep to oneself!
DeleteHappy New Year!
Wish you a Happy New Year, dear Darlin.
ReplyDeleteThank you Erika, I sure hope to meet you one day... if I'm ever able to travel to your magnificent country you'll be the first to know! Cheers and wishing you a wonderful year!
DeleteThanks dear Darlin I hope, me too, to meet you one day or in Italy or in your wonderful Canada.
ReplyDeleteWish you a wonderful life!!!!! A big hug from Italy.
Kisses
Erika
╬═♥╬
╬♥═╬
╬♥═╬
╬♥═╬
╬═♥╬
╬♥═╬
╬♥═╬
╬♥═╬
╬♥═╬
Thank you Erika, I'm getting withdrawals already! lol I'll have to get out in the world and take some photos and come back to visit when, or if, I ever catch up on all these assigned readings!
DeleteCheers and hugs sent to you from Canada.
Just popping in to say hello, and see what's up, or not in your life. I like your idea of getting away to live life, I know it's a struggle to keep things afloat on our blog and in the real world. Something always gets left out or behind. Still, even if it's not posting as regular as I have, I like keeping tabs, and begin to miss folks, like you. It's a treat each day to have those certain folks that keep popping up in my day! I'm hoping all is well for you! Till I see you again, take good care of you!
ReplyDeleteHi there Karen, I'm sure starting to miss all of you... withdrawals are setting in! But this crazy making education is taking up so much time, thank goodness I'm studying part time at this Masters level, I can't even fathom full time studies with all these readings... ugh, speaking of which I'm just stopping in for a quick minute and back to reading so I can write some more, to read some more...
DeleteHave yourself a wonderful week! Cheers.
Miss you already Darlene, but I agree a rest is good. I may have to have one after my travels because I may not have anything to write about.
ReplyDeleteAw thank you Davine, I too miss everyone here and even on facebook, I'm hardly there anymore neither. I can't wait to be done with these crazy making studies! I'm sure you'll find something to blog about even when you're back home, you're extremely creative and are always up to something! Take care and happy trails to you. Cheers.
DeleteA big hug from Italy.
ReplyDeleteErika you always put this huge smile on my face, thank you!
DeleteHi Darlene,
ReplyDeleteI suppose if I say Happy New Year, I'd be really late for this year, but on the bright side I'd be the first to offer that for next year ;>) Having finally made it to your blog, I now understand why you've been MIA - and I fully agree. I've been struggling myself to keep up the blog (although I still take the camera out). I'm into my 5th year and there's so many things (a lot self-imposed) that take up my time. I've backed off to about once a week.
It was nice looking back at your seasonal posts and photos - what a beautiful family you have - and a great quote about having family wrapped up in each other at Christmas.
I wish you well as you focus more on your studies (than photography). Sure hope you post here and visit occasionally.
All the best, and ♪ Happy trails to you ... until we meet again ... ♫
Thank you Rick, for all of your kind, wonderful words. I sure miss my blog, I've been rethinking this, but know full well that I need to focus as I didn't come this far to fail now! I'm working on a final paper right now that has to be in by midnight tomorrow, I have another paper due on the 1st, one on the 4th and a post due by noon tomorrow. The studies are quite intense right now and I'm at the want to quit stage of the semester... no worries, this is my norm and if I didn't go through this at least once a semester I'd be concerned! lol
DeleteBut without a doubt I'll be back here and there and post when I can, I sure miss everyone here. Many of you, well you're like family, we've shared so much of ourselves here and I feel as though if we were to ever meet it would be like we already had met and not in a previous lifetime neither! lol
I also wish you well Rick, I still say you are by far one of the best, if not the best, photographer I've seen yet. You have a gift, one which starts from within and shows through your word choices as well as your photos. I admire your gift Rick and I still aspire to take photos as good as you do, one day i will. My cup isn't half full, it's running over! :-)
Thanks for stopping into my world, I appreciate the visit... we should do this a wee bit more often, says the lady who doesn't post anymore! ;-) Cheers, take care and may God continue to bless you and your loved ones my friend.
Thank you Jerry and I hope the same for you and your loved ones! Cheers.
ReplyDelete