Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Friday, February 21, 2014

LL

Live from California...I've been visiting in Riverside CA since Sunday
and head home to winter and back to studies this Sunday, gotta love
reading week!  Today was a special day for me, read on and you'll
see why. 

Just over 5 years ago I started my blog, the blogging world was
foreign to me and I wasn't quite sure how it worked. I start out doing
a P365, a photo a day with a few family members commenting on my
posts. After about a month or so of blogging someone made a comment
on my blog, the comment I remember like it was yesterday... "You're funny" 
and that was that. I checked out who this LL was who left this comment
and we connected, I love his blog and sense of humor. 

Fast forward five years, I got to meet LL today, after connecting virtually
 I felt as though I already knew him.  LL you're everything I'd imagined you 
to be, and then some!  For those of you who have not yet met LL, he is an 
amazing man; personable, friendly, generous, wise, and funny, 
he's what I call real people (and a wee bit taller than I am, we were
standing side by side in this photo, but never let size fool ya!)  


I hope our paths cross again one day LL, thank you for the 
company as well as lunch, and when you want perogies... 
well like I said you're going to have to come to Canada 
and sit at my table for dinner.   

18 comments:

  1. Géniale rencontre...comme toi j'aimerai rencontrer quelques unes de mes copinautes blogeuses, certaines habitent au Canada comme Helen, d'autre en Suisse comme Elfi et d'autres encore aux USA comme Victoria, peu en France car je n'aime pas les idées reçues et l'esprit souvent étroit et fermé du Français qui vit dans la peur ' (soyons un peu courageux pour entreprendre nous aussi pour notre pays, soyons fort!) alors que le monde avance et que j'aime cela...découvrir, avancer et vivre sans peur pour accomplir et réussir ce que j'entreprends!
    Merci de ton partage...jolie histoire!
    Superbe!
    Have a nice week-end !
    Cath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cath it's wonderful you have met a few blogger friends and it's unfortunate that some people choose to live in fear. I feel the only thing to fear is fear itself and I'd be so restricted if I allowed fear to dominate what I choose to do, or not do. I can understand healthy fears, yet there are fears which can hold one back and I've experienced so much in life by pushing through some of my own self imposed limitations and today I'm free to soar. It's a beautiful freeing day which I choose to embrace and I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Cheers

      Delete
  2. Oh, I can imagine your thrill. I would also love to meet some one I know through blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Munir it's amazing to be able to meet those I feel are friends, meeting LL yesterday sure made my day!

      Wishing you a wonderful weekend :-)

      Delete
  3. Darlin' is...well, she's Darling. It was a fun lunch. I plan to be in Edmonton in late Spring and put her perogis to the test to see if they're as good as advertised. You all know that they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LL thank you. I'll go mark my calendar now and try to be home late Spring :-) Umm what do you consider Spring, currently back home it's Winter and the weather here is like Summer, I'm sooo confused! lol Thanks again for yesterday and would you believe I spent 3 hours in that mall and walked out with one pair of jeans and one T-shirt? I'm shocked!

      Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  4. it's really nice to meet someone from blogosphere in the real life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ola I'd love to say you're next on my list of people to meet but I never know which way the wind blows in my world. I hope one day we can break bread together!

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. It's always good to see you post. People like LL make the blogging family as fabulous as it is. I'm going to have to viswt his blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red I'm very blessed to have met so many wonderful people, virtually or in person... who knows which way my car might go this summer, maybe up your way for a cuppa tea ;-) That would be so awesome to meet you as well. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  6. Now this is cool, and I almost didn't recognize him without his cool dark shades. He always impresses me as being like a secret agent or F.B. I person, when I catch sight of his photo by his comments. Yes, LL is funny! Darlin I am so happy for your trip to somewhere unwinter like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen and I had to laugh at your comment about LL's sunglasses, they do give him the FBI look don't they? From what I imagine FBI agents to be like, based on what I've seen in movies, LL is nothing of the stereotypical agent type, he's much nicer than that. :-)

      Have a wonderful week, I'm home and it's bloody cold!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Linda this visit was the highlight of my trip! :-)

      Delete
  8. Me too I had 3 meetings with some bloggers of mine. It's very fun and interesting. Nice shots, dear Darlin.A big hug from Italy to Canada
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erika I hope one day to come to your beautiful country to meet you, it is so much fun meeting our blogging friends! Through what we choose to share here, well it's almost like I know the person I'm going to meet, I've now met 5 people who I am friends with here and so look forward to meeting many more! Have a wonderful week, time to hit the books again. Cheers.

      Delete
  9. What a great experience, Darlene ! Nice to put a face to a set of initials (and a bunch of funny comments). Did I miss a post where it states what 'LL' stands for (other than perhaps 'lotsa laughs') ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rick meeting LL was the highlight of my trip, he's an amazing, wonderful man with a heart as big as he is tall! His initials could stand for lotsa laughs without a doubt, he has an amazing sense of humor as well. Here is what his initials stand for, just click this link and you'll get your answer . I read this book and he's an amazing author!

      Delete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.