Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Friday, February 7, 2014

Thank You

I haven't updated how Awesome Austin has been doing for some time now.
He's one remarkable child, to say the least! Yesterday, we were at the 
Stollery Children's Hospital, since his heart transplant
Austin has tests done I think about once a month. Austin's mom,
 my niece, and Austin were talking with Judy, a beautiful lady
 who works with the children in the hospital.  
This lady shared a story with us. 

There's this one young man, he's 25, who went out and purchased
$10,000 worth of Lego, for both boys and girls, and he 
donated it to the hospital for the children. I would
love to thank this young man personally for making my great
nephew's day but I have no idea how to get in touch with him.
The next best thing I can think of is to say thank you publicly;
Whoever you are, wherever you may be... an immense
thank you from the bottom of my heart. You made my 
great nephews day, he had to get two pokes yesterday for
his blood work and your gift helped him to forget the pain he
had to endure. Your gift will bring insurmountable hours of
joy and pleasure into this young boys life. 
Thank you. 


Austin trying to decide which set of Lego he'd like, 
an obvious tough call on this one! 

9 comments:

  1. gelukkig dat ver nog zulke mensen bestaan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IK BEN het volledig met u eens. Deze jongeman heeft een hart van goud en het is zo goed om te horen over dingen zoals dit geweldige geschenk gebeurt, een gebaar zoals dit herstelt mijn vertrouwen in de mensheid. Cheers!

      Delete
  2. It's good to hear about Austin and that he's doing well. I didn't get it until the end that a kid got to take a lego set home! My 42 year old daughter has a lego set!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red that's the bonus for the children, they get to keep these sets of Lego. I used to collect Kinder toys well into my 40s, so I get where your daughter is at. It's fun keeping the kid in us amused!

      Have yourself a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  3. There are still good people in this world, Amen !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wong it sure touched my heart to hear about this young man and his generosity, it's moments such as this that restore my faith in mankind.

      Delete
  4. First, it was awesome seeing your name this morning! I miss seeing you around here, but I know life keeps us busy. I'm happy to hear all is good for Austin, he's so amazing. What a wonderful gift, couldn't have been spent a better way, as any Lego is a good Lego in my opinion, as well as both boys and girls. That man is a God send! Take care, and have an excellent rest of your weekend, and great week coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen thank you, there's days where I almost feel as though I'm having withdrawal moments which validates for me that I'll be back full time or more when time permits. I just received my 2013 blogger book on Friday and I thought oh no, I won't have a book at the end of this year! lol I miss everyone here, our chats and seeing how everyone is doing but as I said... I'll be back one day.

      The young man, well all I can say is may God bless him dearly, what a generous man and it's so awesome to hear that there is positive in our world still!

      Wishing you a phenomenal week! Cheers. I'll make time in the morning and sneak in another post before I start my next paper! ;-)

      Delete
  5. Αγαπημένη μου φίλη
    Χαίρομαι που είσαι εδώ και εύχομαι στον ανιψιό σου γρήγορη ανάρρωση!
    Ο Θεός να έχει καλά τον άνθρωπο που έδωσε χαρά στα παιδιά!
    Πολλά φιλιά

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.