Not only was Elyssa looking forward to her field-trip today,
I was as well. I was up bright and early and met up at the daycare
to board a bus with the wee ones and off we went to the Royal
Albert Museum. There's a lot to take in there, naturally the
children loved seeing the various bugs and there was Elyssa counting
some type of huge yellow beetles to see just how many
there were.
The next stop was the dinosaur area. We saw all sorts
of dinosaurs, some old bones and even some skulls.
We got to see animals of Alberta, Elyssa was
pointing out the bird in this display.
And we even got to play for a while; Elyssa
dressed up as a dinosaur, put on some special
footwear which would help her to make dinosaur
tracks in the sand.
It was such a fun time to go out with Elyssa
on her field-trip and I look forward to more
adventures with my precious granddaughter!





Heerlijk om zo met je kleindochter op stap te zijn.
ReplyDeleteMaakt mijn hart dansen! : -) een prachtig weekend!
DeleteYou're lucky to have the time and a flexible schedule to do this.
ReplyDeleteKathy this is one of the perks I'm going to miss about being a student, but it'd be so worth it to even take a half day off work to do something this special!
DeleteHow wonderful! I've always loved doing these for my own children, and I am so looking forward to the times I get to do it with my grand-delights as well! What an awesome day. I just can't believe how grown up she is!
ReplyDeleteKaren it's surreal how fast time is slipping away and how fast the children grow. Elyssa is at such a precious age, she sure informs me of what is what. Yesterday she informed me that she's now a 'big girl' and ready to have a big girl camera so for her birthday I'm going to go out and buy her a point and shoot, hope to find a pink one and then hopefully we'll get the opportunity to use our cameras this summer. Aren't grandchildren the best? Have a wonderful weekend, time to get cracking and write like I've never written before. Cheers.
DeleteShe sounds so much like my little grand-daughter Lyra! They are both so wise and smart!
DeleteI'm sure you watch the eyes like I do. The eyes tell everything.
ReplyDeleteRed that I do, so much can be learned through the eyes. It was interesting taking the trauma training to volunteer at the Truth and Reconciliation, a lady I didn't know sat straight across from me, we had to look at one another with compassion and in silence for 1 minute. It was odd to do so and hard not to laugh but after the minute we all discussed it. Then we had to continue, this time for 10 minutes and there was something in the ladies eyes that told me her spirit had been wounded and I wanted to hug her, but no touching nor talking so I sat and empathized with her in silence. When we were sharing after the 10 minutes was up this lady was sharing and tears streamed down her face. So much can be told when you look someone in the eye without a doubt. The joy I see in Elyssa's eyes makes my heart dance and I know without a doubt she sees the love I have for her in my eyes.
DeleteHave yourself a wonderful weekend Red, it's my last weekend of classes, one final paper and that's a wrap for this semester and then two weeks off! I'm sure looking forward to this!!
Darlene, she is truly a beautiful child - just like her Grandma.
ReplyDeleteAnd I agree with Red's comment - her eyes tell you that she has the most awesome Spirit and that she is so loved.
Thank you Beverly, she's such a precious girl. I'm looking forward to Saturday evening, she's coming to spend the night with me! :-)
DeleteDue to a lot of 'hustle and bustle' I haven't been on your blog for a long time. Sorry for that! Finally I found some time now and I've watched your posts and I read it with a lot of pleasure. :-)
ReplyDeleteHope you'll have a great week
http://dzjiedzjee.blogspot.com
No worries Gert, I've also been missing in action from my blog, the studies have intensified and life happens.
DeleteThank you for your kind words, I was just browsing through your blog and your photos are remarkable! Have yourself a wonderful week!
Tomorrow I'll go and take my little nephew to Rome and in the evening I'll come back home with him. I'm very happy.
ReplyDeleteYour niece is very beautiful. Kisses from Italy and Happy Easter.
Erika thank you and I'm sure you have a ball with your nephew. Elyssa is my granddaughter, my pride and joy! Thank you for your kind words.
DeleteHugs from Canada!
Inquisitive little one.
ReplyDeleteWong that she is and the multitude of questions she asks I do my best to respond to, as does her Mommy and Daddy. She's turning four in a few short weeks and asks questions of a 6 year old.
DeleteHave yourself a wonderful week!