Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Life is Good

Let me think here, what have I all been up to? 

Ah right, I was at my final volunteer commitment last week. 
The entertainment was phenomenal, they are a family of 3 who
are known as Young Medicine and their music and dance... 
phenomenal! 


They've won awards, traveled extensively and are amazing! 


After this event I wondered around the park, happy
to have my camera in my hands once again and just
shooting whatever my heart desired. I took a lot of
amazing shots, this one is one of my favs. 


Saturday was National Aboriginal Day, I spent the 
afternoon with friends in one of our city parks where 
there was a celebration going on and was having a fantastic
afternoon... til we got poured on. 


After I left this park I took a drive with another friend
out to a place called Elk Island National Park, I'm not too 
sure why they don't call it Buffalo Island National Park as
there's literally hundreds of buffalo out there, never spotted
one single elk though. :-) 


Yup, when there's something this big on the road you wait until 
it decides you can move. 


And what else... Sunday out for dinner, I finally submitted the research
project I was hired to do and ya, just chilling out, enjoying life and
finding things to do, things I wouldn't normally do this is. 

AND my princess is home from Disney World now, I can't wait til she
spends the night with me on Saturday so I can hear all about her
adventures. 

 (I borrowed this photo from my son, 
thanks Shayne!) 


You bet life is good, I'm blessed to no end! 

10 comments:

  1. Lovely photos and landscapes - very cute granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb. I'll swing by your blog and check it out. Cheers.

      Delete
  2. Nice collage of aboriginal days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Red, funny how I'm still busy in my own way. Life's too short to sit idle, might as well do all I can do before I get working. :-)

      Have yourself a wonderful week!

      Delete
  3. dit is genieten en dat moet je ook niet vergeten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bedankt Bas , het leven is om van te genieten , niet zo doorstaan ​​geniet ik doen!

      Ik wens u een prachtige week

      Delete
  4. You do the best stuff, looks like a great time. We saw some of that colorful and lovely entertainment in Deadwood, South Dakota last year and it was just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen seems to me you also do some pretty neat things, I've only heard of Deadwood and who knows maybe one day I'll make it there but I barely know from one day to the next where this journey is leading me to... that's my joy of life. Have suitcase, will travel! :-)

      Wishing you a wonderful day!

      Delete
  5. the bison are impressive! sorry your festival got rained on! looked wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They sure are a sight to see Tex, I enjoyed spending some time out at this park. The rain didn't stay, I could have gone back to hear the entertainment I was wanting to listen to but I'd already walked the mile to the car and back 3 times, I'd had enough exercise for one day! lol

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.