Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Until We Meet Again

A young lady whom I studied with and quickly became close friends to was taken from us far too soon.  I learned of this tragic news a few nights ago and my heart is heavy, she was a remarkable young lady.  

We convocated on the same date. I took some photos of her, some with her Mom and some with her Grandmother, both who had flown in from our neighboring province to watch their girl graduate with her Masters Degree.  That's the last time I saw my friend in person yet we shared texts as she wasn't from Edmonton, she lived in a smaller town about 2 hours from here.  When we had classes on weekends she would spend the night with me and her company was more than welcomed.  

I wanted to do something special in memory of my friend; this collague the bottom left  photo is some of us on our final day of classes, we went out for lunch to celebrate.  The other two photos are of my friend on our convocation date.  The photo in the middle was the sun setting as I was heading back home from the convocation.  



Until we meet again my beautiful friend: I love you yesterday, today and always. May you Rest in Peace Steph. 

4 comments:

  1. So very sad when tragedy strikes someone so young. My sympathies to you in your loss of a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry about the loss of your friend. May she rest in Peace.
    Our prayers will be with you and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sympathy to you for your loss. It's a shock when someone is young and taken from us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss. What a beauttiful way to remember her!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.