Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Wishing Upon a Star

My beautiful granddaughter came to spend Saturday evening with me, her mommy and daddy were going out of town to look at a puppy, they figured it was time.  Elyssa was getting discouraged and informed her mommy that wishing on a star doesn't work, apparently she kept on wishing on a star for a puppy and one never showed up, a true disappointment for a 5 year old girl.  

While Elyssa was with me it was time for one final photo of her with the sunflowers I planted for her.  The skies were overcast and grey so we put some color in our world, Elyssa chose the colors for the sky in this photo.  I thought I'd planted mini sunflowers again this year, apparently I bought the wrong package...


This is the first time I'd shown Elyssa how to edit photos, she started to play with the photo of the sunflower I cut down so she could see what it looked like.   I use a simple editing program with presets and as Elyssa was clicking away she came across the 180 reflection, we played with it a wee bit and came up with a sunflower heart! 


And on Sunday lo and behold when Elyssa arrived at home she found that wishing upon a star actually works...   


And what's really cool, the name chosen for this adorable puppy is Star! 

The moral of this story, never give up wishing upon a star... wishes can come true! 

14 comments:

  1. Goodness she's growing too fast! What a sweet puppy for them to love and raise! I like that name Star, truly a star has been born for their little family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen it's hard to believe how fast Elyssa is growing, seems not too long ago I held her in my arms for the first time, and here she is starting school, taking on the responsibility of a pet and ya, sigh.... our baby girl is growing up! I hope all is well on your end, winter's on it's way and preparation time is in the air, I just don't feel much like plucking out out of the air just yet! :-) Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  2. dit wordt heerlijk genieten voor allemaal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik weet zeker dat het zal Bas, ik heb nog de nieuwste toevoeging aan onze familie te ontmoeten, maar snel genoeg zal ik doen. Op basis van de foto's die ik heb ontvangen, ik hou van Star al!

      Ik wens u een heerlijke week!

      Delete
    2. I didn't know you spoke fluent Dutch!

      Delete
    3. LOL Red, I've found that Google has an answer to almost everything, even translates from other languages which is awesome! I can now communicate in most languages, as long as Google has the language in it's system.

      Delete
  3. That's my problem! I don't wish on a star! I'm glad she did get her puppy. This is the first year I didn't grow sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to go back to wishing upon a star Red, ya never know when the wish may come true... even if the wish may take a bit of assistance! :-)

      I only grow sunflowers for Elyssa, unfortunately we won't get the sunflower seeds but she sure loved checking the progress of her sunflowers when she came to visit this summer. I'll leave them for a bit longer, we have a family get together at the end of the month, might make for a cool family photo.

      Delete
  4. Those star wishes really are magical! That is one giant sun flower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb think I'm going to find me a star to wish upon! :-) Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful post and what a wonderful way life worked out for Elyssa!!!! May it always be so......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the same Linda, she's such a special wee girl who beings immense joy into our lives. Have yourself a blessed and wonderful Sunday!

      Delete
  6. Hi there - long time etc, etc! Nice post. Reminds me of some beans I planted a couple of summers ago, they would just not grow at all - then I found out they were dwarf beans!!!!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you, great to hear from you! So no beanstalk with dwarf beans I take it, how disheartening is that? lol Wishing you a fantastic week ahead, I'll swing by and see what you've been up to these days, here we are quickly approaching our deep freeze weather and you bet I'll be thinking of you and beautiful Australia, especially when it hits -30... hmmm winters in Australia, that could work WHEN I win the lotto! :-)

      Cheers my friend!

      Delete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.