My nephew Eddie is a hockey player, he has a
passion for the game...
This weekend was the final tournament. The team didn't have
a very good season so when they went on a winning streak,
they went all out. The boys played hard, working
together they won their way into a playoff spot.
And wouldn't you know it,
they won the gold medal!
Way to go Mustangs, you did an
astounding job!
And Eddie, Auntie is so proud of you!


GO Eddie and the Famous Mustangs!!
ReplyDeleteLL that final game was pretty intense, 0-0 going into the third, both teams were exhausted and I had this feeling the first goal in the 3rd would determine who was going to get that gold. Mustangs scored first, this gave them that extra edge to come back with a burst of energy and score one more to ensure that gold was going home with them. I think a few of the parents went home with new grey hairs and an irregular heartbeat, but it's a part of life here in Canada, premature aging due to children playing hockey that is! lol
DeleteHave a wonderful week!
What great photos!!! Hockey is pretty intense! My next door neighbor boy who is like a second son to me - played hockey for YEARS! He even played for a team in Finland. He then went on to become a Marine. Guess hockey teaches you to be tough!! I have been to a few hockey games and they are SCARY!
ReplyDeleteThank you Linda, hockey can be intense but that's the nature of the game and compared to lacrosse it's mild in minor league. That sounds amazing the neighbor who went to Finland to play, what an opportunity and he's got to be an awesome player to make it that far! It's weird but I just read a write up on hockey game where the police were called in and 100 people were removed, now that's a scary game but I've never been at a game like that, thankfully! Here's the link if you're interested in reading how serious some people take their hockey, or how overboard some people go.
Deleteniets mooiers dan een trotse tante te hebben.
ReplyDeleteEn een trotse tante IK ben! Wij wensen u een heerlijk weekend!
DeleteKids need support at every turn...even when they are losing. Support from Aunties counts big time.
ReplyDeleteRed that they do, I couldn't agree more!
DeleteWishing you a wonderful weekend. It's home stretch here and thank goodness for this! I'm starting to feel the educational burnout setting in and no time for that so one foot in front of the other and away I go!
Good for Eddie.
ReplyDeleteThank you Munir, I'm sure proud of all of my nieces and nephews, each one of them is special in their own way and have their own talents. I was fortunate enough to be at this game, camera in hand and yelling with the rest of those who were there supporting those they came to watch play the game.
DeleteHave a wonderful weekend!
how awesome!
ReplyDeleteTex thank you, it sure was awesome to see the boys playing their hearts out... 5 games in one weekend, I don't know how they do it, but they're still young! lol
DeleteEnjoy your weekend!
That's so wonderful, and good for you being able to make it there too!
ReplyDeleteThank you Karen and I'm so glad I went to the final few games as this was the first opportunity I had to watch my nephew lace up, he's a good little player... right not so little as he keeps on trying to look me in the eye and rubs it in that he's now taller than I am, not quite but darn near! lol
DeleteWishing you a wonderful weekend!
I hope you have a great weekend too. It seems spring is really trying to move in, finally. Even after another big snowfall last Thursday, but the melt comes fast. That same day already. I hope your weather is getting closer to spring too!
ReplyDelete