Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Saturday, March 1, 2014

It's so cold...

It's been unbelievably cold this past while, tonight they're calling
for -37c, that's without the windchill factor I believe.  It was so
cold last night that I sat at my computer wearing my new leather...


If it stays this cold I'll have this jacket broken in well before Spring!
Now that I have this jacket, it's incentive to keep plugging
along in hopes of getting the bike to go with it. Six more weeks 
of these studies, six short weeks and a bit of a change as I'll 
head into a practicum and be in only one online course. Next
year I'll be able to work full time as I'll only have two courses left
to complete to earn this Masters degree... now to get from
here to there and I'll be one happy camper! 

18 comments:

  1. It's raining here in Southern California and we're bracing for an evening down into the 50 (F) degree range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only 41 degree difference LL, not bad! lol I should have stayed another week or two and enjoyed your lovely weather... but papers and the classroom beckons.

      Delete
  2. Hey LL that's t-shirt weather for us here in Canada. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horst it was t-shirt weather when I was down that way last week, I only needed my jacket basically in the malls where the AC was on or at the top of the one mountain, other than that it was a wonderful escape. The differences in our weather is surreal, what we view as t-shirt weather is jacket weather in CA but they're used to much warmer temps all throughout the year... maybe it's time to seriously consider a move. (I'll change my mind when (if) Spring ever arrives.

      I hope all is well in your world Horst, it's been a while! Enjoy your Sunday.

      Delete
  3. It's a good feeling when you can see the end. The cold will end too and you'll be happy all around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red when one door closes another door opens, well unless it's -35c, then the doors remain closed and sealed! lol Have a wonderful day Red!

      Delete
  4. I've been thinking about you, especially with our temps this morning at minus 18 degrees, and that's the temperature and not the windchill, which I won't even talk about. You do seem to have it even worse than us up there, so stay warm. I like seeing you post, as I miss your visits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen you have it pretty cold there as well, with that windchill it can, and often does, get pretty nasty. I only wish that I hadn't committed to going out today, but might as well just brave the cold and get out in the world even if for only a few hours. I too miss my blog, reading everyone's posts and one day I'll be back when I am through all that I'm doing. Take care, thanks and have yourself a wonderful Sunday... don't go out if you don't have to!

      Delete
  5. Yikes! I bet it was hard to type with a jacket on.

    Spring WILL get here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy I'm keeping the faith! :-) It was a bit difficult to type with my jacket on so I just unzipped the arms, it wasn't that cold in my house, I just love my new jacket... ya I can be weird like that sometimes! lol The smell of new leather made that moment in time a bit more manageable.

      Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  6. We are expecting yet another foot of snow. I am counting down days to Spring Time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes Munir, at least when it's this cold it doesn't snow much, that's one bonus as I can't even fathom having to go out and shovel when it's -40! Take care and stay warm!

      Delete
  7. I so admire your determination!! You, my dear, are a force to be reckoned with!! Love your jacket but have no idea how you handle that kind of cold!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda and how we handle this cold, run everywhere we have to go and get into heat as quickly as possible! A remote start, or command start for me is now a deal breaker when I look at vehicles, if there isn't a command start or a block heater I'll walk away. I think that we just learn different coping skills, it would take a big adjustment to learn how to live in heat all year round, but I'm sure I could adapt quickly! :-) Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  8. You are truly a great role model for determination, and should be so proud of your accomplishments. I feel your pain enduring winter weather when we are so anxious to see green grass and spring flowers !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. Please keep sharing your beautiful photos, when time permits and I can view others photos I dream of warmer days. :-) Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  9. we have hard freezes here in texas the last few days again. i feel like wearing that leather jacket. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tex I have yet to wear it outdoors but I'm sure it's going to be warm, I just don't think -40 warm though! lol

      Enjoy your day!

      Delete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.