It was so wonderful to get out of winter for a week, I was up early
getting ready for the trek back home, back to our winter wonderland.
We left in plenty of time anticipating there might be
a delay due to traffic, or we may get lost, or or or... you
know the be ready for anything on the way to the airport
types of oops's that transpire in life. As it was there were no
traffic snarls, we made it straight away to the car rental area,
then were whisked off to LAX with 3 hours to wait. I was rather
surprised there was only one duty free shop to browse in, there
were a few other shops as well but nothing too interesting so I sat,
and sat, and then remembered I had my computer... woohoo
something to do other than sit an wait. The flight was good,
and I definitely knew when we reached Alberta...
there was the nasty white stuff all over the ground.
Yup, I was getting closer to home.
One thing I absolutely love about flying is feeling the sunset, or the sunrise.
This here is our beautiful sun setting over Alberta,
I'm home to cold and snow, but I'm home!
Back to my writing, reading and all that jazz.
Gotta love reading week!


er gaat toch niets boven heerlijk thuis komen.
ReplyDeleteHet voelt zeker goed om te slapen in mijn eigen bed weer, nu dit schrijven is een ander verhaal, waar IK had links in Californië! Geniet van je week.
DeleteWell, I guess one could say you deserve a break. Coming back to Alberta is not only white but you get the sulphur smell. ( It looks like I can't spell sulpher!)
ReplyDeleteRed that's odd but I don't smell sulpher in the air at all, and it's not you that can't spell this word, it's the computer that doesn't recognize it. I have a super keen sense of smell as well, maybe it's only southern AB where the smell is? Enjoy your week, back to the books on this end and it's cramming time.. oh joy!
DeleteFly into Calgary and you'll smell it. There's a large gas plant just north of Calgary.
DeleteNext time I'm passing by, or going to, Calgary I'll see if I notice it.
DeleteI bet this was a hard return back! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat do you mean - you got out of winter? It's winter in Southern California. And just to prove it to us, it RAINED today. The temperature hovered in the 50's until the sun came out later in the day and it reached about 70. It's not our coldest winter on record, but we have to wear jackets.
ReplyDeleteI just cracked up, it's currently -27c without the wind chill factor so more like -35c (-31f) , and it's going to dip down throughout the night to a cool -37, no worries though as my car is plugged in and I saw what types of 'jackets' are in your stores, that's our summer wear! lol I swear I'm going to find out exactly where you live and move into your pool house... just for our winter months though. :-) Right about now I would go out and dance naked in the rain there... okay maybe not naked but I'd be dancing in the rain! Have an awesome weekend LL... now back to my regular Friday night writing.
ReplyDelete