My month has started off with music, music, and more music
and I'm loving this!
and I'm loving this!
July 1st, Canada Day, a park not too far from my home
puts on an amazing display of fireworks and there's entertainment
all day long. I went later in the day and the band
I listened to was Souljah Fyah and what a band they are!
The lead singers daughter, as you can see in the top left
photo, knows all of their songs and sings right along...
soooo precious and adorable!
puts on an amazing display of fireworks and there's entertainment
all day long. I went later in the day and the band
I listened to was Souljah Fyah and what a band they are!
The lead singers daughter, as you can see in the top left
photo, knows all of their songs and sings right along...
soooo precious and adorable!
Saturday night it was the Dirt Road Angels, I didn't bring
my camera, just my cell phone, hence the blurry shot.
These ladies are amazing, I've blogged about them
before and it was fantastic reuniting with these ladies
and the friends I've made who also appreciate these talented
musicians.
And the next band I've been looking forward to listening to again since
I went with my children to Canmore for my pre-grad celebration. I enjoy
this band so much I went both nights I was in Canmore and when I found
out they were going to be playing at the Takin' it to the Streets Festival
yesterday,you bet I grabbed my camera, invited two of my nephews
and away we went.
I went with my children to Canmore for my pre-grad celebration. I enjoy
this band so much I went both nights I was in Canmore and when I found
out they were going to be playing at the Takin' it to the Streets Festival
yesterday,you bet I grabbed my camera, invited two of my nephews
and away we went.
The Johnny McCuaig Band
This band is in our city for a full week, you bet I'll be going
back to Whyte ave., and this time I'm going to dance like
nobody is watching!
back to Whyte ave., and this time I'm going to dance like
nobody is watching!



It's great to have bands like these come to your city and perform for a while. I like your new header. It's a long time since I've been in that part of Edmonton.
ReplyDeleteThanks Red and yes we are very fortunate to have a city packed with entertainment. Did you know National Geographic listed Edmonton in the top 15 places in the world to visit in the summer? At first I was surprised but there is so much to do here non-stop all summer long. Keeps me and my camera happily busy.
DeleteHave yourself a wonderful week!
Thanks Red and yes we are very fortunate to have a city packed with entertainment. Did you know National Geographic listed Edmonton in the top 15 places in the world to visit in the summer? At first I was surprised but there is so much to do here non-stop all summer long. Keeps me and my camera happily busy.
DeleteHave yourself a wonderful week!
Thanks Red and yes we are very fortunate to have a city packed with entertainment. Did you know National Geographic listed Edmonton in the top 15 places in the world to visit in the summer? At first I was surprised but there is so much to do here non-stop all summer long. Keeps me and my camera happily busy.
DeleteHave yourself a wonderful week!
sounds like a good way to spend Canada Day!
ReplyDelete