I went back home for the yearly rodeo and had an amazing time, I stayed longer than I anticipated but it was such an amazing trip I wanted to stay as long as I possibly could.
Abbie made this trip with me and she found a friend...
However, this new friend of Abbie's is either brave or stupid, not too sure just yet which one after watching him chase the horses!
I spent the first night at my friends, then off to the Stampede grounds where we camped. This is dinner the first night while we were 'roughing' it, and the lobster was amazing!
I've tried to find the photo of our 'tent' but can't seem to find it, our roughing it consisted of sleeping in a 30' 5th wheel trailer and it's definitely the way to go. We did however have our fire going most of the time we 'camped'.
The following day it was time for the rodeo...
Hang on c'boy, it's probably the longest 8 seconds of a cowboys life when they ride!
Yee-haw!
Calf - roping...
And at the end of the day this is where the cowboy walks away to prepare for round two the following day.
I left the rodeo, went and tucked my camera away and found my friend who is also from the city and had returned home with his children for a visit and to take in the rodeo. I went on rides with his children, then it was time to get ready for the dance. I didn't take any photos while I was enjoying the music, I was far too busy visiting and dancing. It was a long day, but an awesome day!







So nice to be witnessing an event like this.
ReplyDeleteWong I like to do different things and this event reminds me of my childhood so it is super nice to be witnessing this event!
DeleteHave yourself a wonderful week!
Some of the local rodeos are the best. I sometimes go to the Ponoka Rodeo which they say is the best in Alberta. Now some people may disagree.
ReplyDeleteHi Red,
DeleteThe only reason I would disagree that Ponoka rodeo is the best is that it's not held in my home town so I wouldn't be visiting and enjoying the company of those I've known for years. For me it's about reconnecting, moreso than the actual rodeo itself, and yes I've also heard that the Ponoka rodeo is one of the best, if not the best. Maybe one year I'll have to check it out.
Have a fantastic week! Thanks for stopping by, I'll be by to catch up on your blog one of these days soon!
How fun, what a blast you're having! I just adore your photos, pups, cowboys (oh yeah) and horsey too, what more could a girl ask for?!
ReplyDeleteWell hello Karen, seems like eons since we've chatted, I'm so far behind here on blogger that I think I'm ahead now! lol I'll be by to visit your blog real soon, I see photos from time to time on G+, but I miss our visits. And yup, what more could a girl ask for? It was an amazing trip back home, I'm blessed to have friends who take super good care of me, but what goes around comes around! :-)
DeleteWishing you a wonderful and blessed week and thanks for stopping by!
What great action shots! And the lobster isn't bad either. (Or, the cowboys...)
ReplyDeletelol Barb, those darn c'boys eh? My camera wouldn't quit once I started, it seems to like c'boys as well! ;-)
DeleteWishing you a fantastic week!
Great action shots. I have not been to a rodeo or barrel race in years. May be time to revisit.
ReplyDeleteThank you Bob, I hadn't been to a rodeo in years until 3 years ago and now I make a point of returning home to go to the rodeo. They're fun to attend and reconnect with others I haven't seen in ages!
DeleteHope you have a fantastic weekend!