We all have our own ideas of fun, I've been busy doing nothing more than,
but nothing less than, plain out having fun.
We had our family picnic last week, now this was fun!
Two of my gorgeous nieces, Cheryl who is on the left, lived with me for quite some time and it was awesome to reconnect. Her sister Amy, well I don't see nearly often enough.
More of my fun is definitely spending time with my family. This is my favorite daughter and my favorite oldest son! They were teasing me about my middle son being my favorite, they all know they're all my favorites... or at least I hope they do! :-)
And this is my larger family unit, those who could make it to our annual picnic in the park. This year our park was my nephews back yard and a short jaunt away there are these HUGE pumpkins. It was so funny, my remote for my camera wasn't working so I 'photo-shopped' myself into this photo right on top of the pumpkin where my two nieces sat. Now how they got up there, guess I'll have to pay more attention next time!
Right after the picnic, which was two hours away, I drove back into the city and went the other direction, this time 3/4 hour from my home, to listen to one of my all time favorite entertainers.... Sarah Smith and her band were in the city!
A few days later I was off again, this time to a neighboring town about two hours away, opposite from the previous trip out of the city. I was going to visit with Sarah and spend some time at the beach. I ended up going to the show, spending the night with a very welcoming friend of Sarah's and traveled home the following day.
Sarah is not only an amazing, talented singer/song-writer, she has become a near and dear friend whom I enjoy spending time with! I love her to bits!
And one last photo for now, this is the band once again. I shot this photo in Olds, Alberta on Tuesday evening, about 3/4 hour drive from where we were staying. The weather was insane and it looked like tornado weather. The town we stayed in got pelted with hail the size of golf balls five minutes after we left for Olds. Thankfully the only tornado was Sarah and her dynamic voice!
So as you can see some of my fun is taking photos, listening to music and spending time with amazing people, family and friends. How do you have fun in your world?






You've been very busy having fun. Not too many families have great reunions.
ReplyDeleteSo happy we were able to spend some time together. ..i love your peaceful energy!!!
ReplyDeleteIt was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.
ReplyDelete