Today was an amazing day, one filled with awe, wonderment, joy, and sheer excitement. I went with my future daughter-in-law and her two bridesmaids (one being my daughter) to look at wedding dresses and wow what an experience.
Sam, my future daughter-in-law
The first dress I must admit I had a few tears in my eyes, I had people bumps, but there were more dresses to try on. The second one, the one she had her heart set on was okay, but not nearly as gorgeous as the first. I don't even know how many dresses I watched her try on but the last one, oh my goodness...
It's not really fair to show the dress just yet as it needs alterations, but once these are done I know my son will be in complete awe of his bride on their wedding day, she's going to look like a princess!
The intricacy of the beading is amazing, I'll share a close up of this as it's difficult to see in the photo...
I also know that I'd best have a big box of tissues handy as she walks down the isle
... 'cause that's how I roll! :-)


I'll try not to show my ignorance on this one although that's hard to do. I understand your excitement on this one!
ReplyDeleteRed no worries, this is definitely a (without trying to sound sexist) woman thing! lol I think that being included in on the wedding planning is a bonus, it's building the excitement and I'm looking forward to this event and it's not until 2017, but the fun we're having from now til then is immeasurable!
DeleteHave a wonderful week! Cheers.
Me too, tears of happiness and joy, it's such an amazing time for all! She does look beautiful, and your son will melt at the sight of her! Lucky for me too, I've experienced it three times, first with my daughter in law, then my own daughter and third my daughter-in-law again. All treasures for a lifetime of memories.
ReplyDeleteKaren I also have two sons and a daughter, the oldest is married, now my second son is going to also be wed, and I can't even begin to imagine what it's going to be like when my baby, my girl, gets married. I'm going to be an emotional mess, I can see it now! lol Sheer joy and definitely memories to embrace for a lifetime!
DeleteWishing you a blessed and fantastic week! Cheers.
sweet! congratulations to all of you on your impending addition to the family.
ReplyDelete(and thank you for your sweet comment last week on my blog. really was lovely.)
Thank you Tex, another moment in time to embrace and treasure.
Delete(It was about time I made my rounds here and visit those I consider friends, yourself included naturally. :-) Cheers.)
Oh my goodness! My middle daughter is getting married and she texts me photos of her in her dress, as it's getting altered. So, I am an emotional mess.
ReplyDeleteFantastic news Pam! It's hard not to be an emotional mess I'm finding... a total mess, but in a positive way! lol Congratulations to the young couple, how utterly exciting! And you, you leave your camera at home! ;-) Ya, like we'd do that! lol
Delete