Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine's Day

Being single on Valentines Day I choose not to go out, it gets too depressing to see couples enjoying their time together, sure I'm happy for them, but it makes me wish I was with a special someone as well.  Don't get me wrong, I'm surrounded by love and walk in many circles and I love my life, I make the absolute most of it and have tons of fun doing so.    

So how did I spend my day?  I did some online research, I'm starting to do more portrait shots and thought I'd investigate lighting options. Having no model readily available I pulled out my tripod and remote and got busy not even bothering with makeup or doing my hair and here's a few of the photos I captured. 

 I like the black and white for this one... 


It's sure different being in front of the lens, I'm so used to being behind the camera but I went with 'selfies' and it was game on, play time!  I think out of all the shots I did today this next one is my favorite...


So that's how I chose to spend my Valentine's Day, or a part of it anyways.  
How did you spend your Valentine's Day? Whatever you did I hope you had yourself an awesome day spending it with those you love or with a special someone.  

8 comments:

  1. It's amazing what a difference the black and white makes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is and I don't often play much with black and white, but this time I really played! :-)

      Have a great week Kathy!

      Delete
  2. There are days when the blues hit but over all life is good and what we make it. Now the first photo is a Yousef Karsch! The eyes on the last one really pull you in. You had fun. So belated Happy Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet life is good and sometimes I just have to step back and do something different.... shake things up a wee bit and dance to my own music!

      Thank you for the belated Valentine's wishes, and wishing you a wonderful week Red!

      Delete
  3. Sounds quite fun, we stayed home all day too. It's just too darn busy to go out anywhere. I like less crowds! Pretty photo combinations, and your favorite one is mine too. I like a touch of just a wee bit of color! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen there's two days of the year I detest going out, one is Valentine's Day and the other is Mother's Day, both are way too busy for my liking so I steer clear of all restaurants even if it means making a sandwich or having a bowl of cereal for dinner!

      Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words. And wishing you a wonderful week as well!

      Delete
  4. Its a strange day in my opinion - grand gestures are all well and good, but relationships are built on day to day stuff I think.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    PS: Nice portraits - its a form of photograph I avoid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stewart, I totally agree Valentine's Day is a strange day and I believe relationships are built on day to day things, not a once a year, overpriced, over crowded rush of "I love you's." Love, in my opinion, is felt day in day out, regardless of what is happening. But at the end of the day I suppose it would be sweet to have a certain somebody to take selfies with, and no not just on Valentine's Day! lol

      I never used to shoot portraits but have ventured out, I now love capturing people and expression, that and this is the type of photography people often ask me to do so I'm always exploring and learning new things with this camera of mine, still having fun with it and until it no longer is fun you bet I'll keep shooting!

      Cheers. Great hearing from you!

      Delete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.