Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Christmas in April


Today it was like Christmas even though it's a few sleeps away...
There's a store in Banff which is called The Christmas Store, it was so cool walking through there seeing Christmas with decorated trees, all sort of ornaments and it even smelled like Christmas but the best thing about today is that it felt like Christmas all day. 
Our first stop today was a ways up a mountain, we went to Banff Hot Springs. While my oldest son and his wife went for a massage I had my precious baby under my wing. There right in front of us was a gift shop so naturally we had to find something for my princess, what's Christmas without a gift or two? We found the cutest toque for Elyssa.


Then it was off to pure bliss, I had a one hour massage followed by a soak in the hot springs. 


And what's Christmas without Reindeer? 

And to finish up our day in Banff, our Christmas dinner without the dishes. 

Yup, Christmas come early... I think that the spirit of Christmas is optional, we can choose to carry it with us any day of the week, any month of the year. 

Merry Christmas! :-)

13 comments:

  1. oooooh... a massage and a soak in a hot spring sounds so wonderful.
    good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) For me definetly to early for Christmas, I would rather enjoy my spring now!
    The hot springs look marvelous!
    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this looks like such a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    It's funny, I was singing Christmas carols over the weekend for some reason! Now I know why! You are right, there's no reason why Christmas can't be year round!

    Elyssa is so cute! I've said it before, those eyes are going to be trouble some day! :)

    Have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chas, thank you. After doing all the essays and exams and keeping up to University this was such a welcomed break... just what I needed to plunge back into more studies once I get home. Have a fantastic day!

    Ola, I would also rather Spring yet I'm grateful for this moment in time. It's been chilly but that hasn't stopped me and my daughter from doing one single thing. I've had to best weekend in a super long time, one I'll treasure in memory for years to come! Enjoy your day!

    Pam, it is phenomenal, but like all good things this is all coming to an end today. It's almost time to think about packing up and getting back to reality... ugggg! lol Have a wonderful day!

    Andy, thank you. And you bet we'll take it easy on the way home, hopefully the highways are clear. I'm smiling at the Merry Christmas, at least we have the spirit of Christmas with us, who cares if it's April! lol Have an awesome day! My baby girl sure touches my heart, she helps me carry Christmas with me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can bet I'm pretending it really is SPRING! Darlin are you ready for a special award?! Why? Cuz....I'm sharing a great gift....and honoring you with an award! Just go here to collect it!

    http://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2011/04/award-versatile-blogger-for-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, love the photo's! I absolutely adore the reindeer, but then I'm a mass animal lover, so I love any animal. XD

    Great shots! I really enjoy looking at your posts. (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. The baby is a sweetheart !!! And the picture of the outdoor scene looks like something in a magazine,just beautiful! Enjoy !!! Blessings jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas - the best time of the year. I have always wanted to see Banff - it looks beautiful. Have fun and enjoy the break.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, thank you. I'll check that out in a bit. I just got in a while ago, back home that is and am catching up on emails and calls plus trying to catch up here. The joys of being away a few days! But I'd do it all over again. :-)

    Saz, thank you. You're so awesome. I love your personality, you seem like such a happy go lucky type of person... my kind of people for sure! Have a wonderful evening!

    Jane, thank you. Elyssa is my pride and joy, she's such a happy baby and so much fun. When she smiles sometimes she smiles so big she squints her eyes, way to cute! :-) And thank you for the compliment on my photos, I am glad you enjoyed viewing them.

    Beverly Banff is a must see if you're out this way. If you ever decide to come to Canada and are as close as Banff you bet I'd meet you out there for at least a weekend if not a week. The place we stayed was phenomenal. If you check back a few days I posted photos of our room and they were very reasonably priced. We stayed outside of Banff at a place called Canmore, it's about a 20 minute drive but totally worth the savings. That would be amazing to meet you! One day I'm hoping to make it to Australia, I just don't know when that day will be yet. Hopefully not to far in the distance, I want to be young enough to get out and have tons of fun! :-)

    Enjoy your evening everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A well deserved vacation . Your photos screem of a wonderful time. Love the Elk.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elyssa is a heart throb - what a cutie !! She steals the show, Darlene. And seeing the hot springs brings back many *warm* memories ;-)

    Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Banff. Off to see your other shots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lisa I have only one complaint... not enough time and the 3 nights we stayed slipped by way to fast! ;-)

    Rick, thank you. My baby girl steals more than the show, she's stolen my heart as well! :-) I'm glad that you had some "warm" memories through my photos, life is to short not to have or make wonderful warm memories.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.