Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Welcome Home


Today I went out, camera in hand with no idea what I might stumble across. Okay so I got in my car and went a meeting. I visited for a bit afterward and stopped off at a park to see what I could see on my way home. 


The snow is melting finally, I saw there were a lot of seagulls but that wasn't too exciting so I got closer and seen if there was anything of interest. It wasn't until I snapped a photo and looked at it,  there they were... there were 2 Canadian geese at the end of this pond. 


What a welcomed sight! I shot a lot of photos but the darn seagulls seemed to want to be the center of attention. I never realized until today that seagulls are so darn egotistical. 


Bugger just had to get in the way, I see these guys all the time and they are famous for making my car dirty, I didn't want them in my pictures but I took what I could get. 

Finally a moment to snap away without the seagulls getting in the way.


This one seagull seemed as though he was feeling a bit dejected so I obliged it and took it's photo. I suppose that seagulls are cute in their own annoying way.

And there he went, he finally left me alone! 

This post was to welcome home the Canadian geese, now how did it turn out that it's mostly about seagulls? Something tells me that seagulls aren't as stupid as I though they were!

15 comments:

  1. I love the photograph of the two Geese in black and white, very impressive and I like the Seagull in flight too.

    Glad to hear the snow is melting too so it will be all green and yellow and red ;-}

    Si

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to live at a place in the country that had a lake. The Canadian geese were so abundant they became a nuisance! We would have over a hundred in the back yard sometimes! I loved to watch them but you almost needed mud boots to walk around the lake because of all the droppings! :)

    They are beautiful majestic creatures though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, good thing, the snow is melting bit by bit and the birds are coming back :-)

    Greetz,


    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe......looks like they snuck right in. To your camera range AND your post:)

    Have a wonderful new (sunny and melting) week:))
    Although...I DID hear it was supposed to snow Thursday. Guess we won't talk about that...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You captured what is important in life not to miss...but I hope their grounds will fill in soon with more green and deeper richer blues and a whole lot of flowery things! Great photos glad you shared them and hope your week is lovely and much more spring like!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh BTW I really like...and am inspired by your words and photo in your blog header! SO COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pics they are all good! Glad you took that seagull's pic,he was pretty too! Blessings jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha - wow! Those photo's are amazing! Geese are amazing animals, even if they do try to attack me frequently.. Haha. I love the flying seagull shot though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here in Portland we have Canadian geese who hang out year round. I love them. I love to see them flying. Sometimes I can't see them but I can hear the honking through the clouds. Great photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the sound of the Canada Geese as they passed overhead when we lived in the USA - they are such beautiful birds - great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Canadian Geese - it's what's for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for stopping in and the compliments on my photo. Sorry but it's finals week and I'm starting to freak out and not much time to blog right now... soon this is going to be nothing more than a distant memory... I hope!

    And nope LL, Canadian goose is NOT what's for dinner! ;-)

    Have a great day everyone... see you all in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great shots Darlene - once they finally loaded :(

    Yep - those seagulls sure can be pesky, but I like that last shot you got of him departing. I guess that gave you the same feeling as seeing the snow depart - couldn't wait to get rid of it !

    Good luck on the finals (you won't need it, you've worked hard !).

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Rick and thanks for taking the time to upload, I hope your net is back to normal speed in no time at all. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.