I've finally went out and enlarged some of my photos, I even bought a few frames but unfortunately I haven't put up all of the photos yet. I'm trying to decide where to hang them and I'm thinking in my office I might start a picture wall. I've managed to find a home for two of my photos, right at the bottom of my stairs where they can be seen by anyone coming in the front door and they're the last thing I see at night before I head up my stairs.
It's kind of hard to take a photo of a photo, the glare, distance and how much to include into the photo all have to be taken into consideration I've learned. I chose to just show the photos themselves without any distractions to take away from these.
Now back to doing what I don't want to do but must do...
Now back to doing what I don't want to do but must do...


Very cool photos! I enjoy old cars, especially with the big trunks and tires....and those with rumble seats (I think that's what they're called. Looks like you have a lot of reading ahead of you! Hope you have a great week ahead! Take care!
ReplyDeleteThose are neat...liking the black and white!
ReplyDeleteDoesn't it make you want to leave your bookwork and hop in that car...travel down that snow-less road.....and enjoy some time away?:)
Hope your weekend brought tons of sun~~~ and tons less snow! It sure did here:))) WOOT!
My great uncle has several of those old cars. Tammy loves them!
ReplyDeleteYou did an impressive job with the picture but I am not surprised by that in the least! :)
A photo wall? You should just wallpaper a room with your pictures, you have so many great ones! :)
Karen, thank you. I'd love to have one of these old cars restored, there's just something about them. The couple going down the highway in this old beauty were aged, I'm going to guess in their '70s and it made my heart dance to see such a sight! The small joys in life. :-)
ReplyDeleteDawn, yes we're finally seeing the snow melt and I'm loving' it! It's so nice to go outside without three or four layers. Hopefully we'll be planting on the May long weekend like most other years. I'm looking forward to my garden this year, my peace and serenity which comes with playing in the dirt. I'd love to leave this bookwork behind, soon enough I'm going to be done in class, just another 9 days and I'll be down to one exam. Then I can focus on the two online courses which are patiently waiting for me... yup more classes this spring and at least one in the summer, possibly two if all goes well. Time to get outta here soon... have a great day!
Andy, thank you for your kind words. An entire wall done in my pictures, hmmm, nope I don't think so... my kids would think I was a bit touched! Like they don't already! LOL Enjoy your day!
Love the photo's! Absolutely amazing. Sometimes the most simple photo's are the best photo's. (:
ReplyDeleteYou have an eye for a photograph that I am green with envy over. Both of the photographs are amazing but if I am honest it pales compared to your diy and drive to improve your mind. I am so in awe of your drive and outlook on life.
ReplyDeleteYou are an inspiration to me, thank you my blogger friend.
Si x
Saz thank you and I totally agree that sometimes less is more. Then there's the photos where there's never enough... family photos! :-)
ReplyDeleteSi, thank you. Sometimes I feel like packing it all in and quitting but that would be way to easy, I want this so bad that my drive and determination takes over and I keep plugging away... one more year Si, just one more year! That'll be 5 years, wow... where has the time slipped away on us? Enjoy your day and take care my friend! Cheers!
Awesome photos you chose to display, Darlene ! And very impressive in b&w. I did the same for our place in Florida - now we have a sunset room, a flower room, bird room ...
ReplyDeletebtw - did the City of Edmonton send you that nice pen after you gave them a piece of your mind about snow-clearing ?
;-)
Rick can you take a photo of your sunset room? I'd love to see what that looks like. I love decorating this way, a new concept to me but it really adds that personal touch, one of those touches that makes a house a home.
ReplyDeleteAnd no I had to steal the pen! LOL I think that I got this when I did an speaking engagement. I picked up a few off the tables, a few that that were left behind... not really stealing but more like taking. Pretty good justification I'd say! :-)
Really nice photos you have on Display there :-)
ReplyDeleteBy the way the pen close up is beautiful!
Greetz,
Joseph
Joseph, thank you. It's good to hear from you, it's been a while. I hope all is well on your side of the world. Cheers! :-)
ReplyDeleteTough to get the photos into one shot Darlene - I spread them out, but I could give you links to a few of the ones I hung .. I had 3 of them put on canvas - $$$ but I think they turned out pretty good.
ReplyDeleteps - what's with this 'comment approval' thing ? Have the spammers hit you ?
ReplyDeleteRick I was trying it because yes I was hit with spam but that's only the second time in over 2 years and I don't like this method so I'm switching back over to what it used to be. I still get notification in my email whenever I get a comment.
ReplyDeleteI'd LOVE to see the photos on canvas, I know that they're expensive I checked into that. Please send me the links, you can leave them here or email them to me. Thanks!
Have a great evening. You must be back to no company, you're up late! :-)
Yep - our last company left almost 2 weeks ago (when I was up before the dawn !). But I must be moving on too - we're outta here Sat morning.
ReplyDeletebtw - I didn't make photos of the photos (on the wall) - most of them made their way into my blog in the past - do you want the links to those posts ?
Rick, I'd like the links yes please. I thought I'd mentioned that but who knows what I type in here some nights or wee hours of the morning. Thank you and if I miss you... well you have a safe journey home!
ReplyDelete