Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Parents and Tots




Today I went to check out a parents (caregivers) and tots program which is in this community; I LOVE the concept of this program. The parent stays and works or interacts with the child(ren); they do arts and crafts, learn together and the children interact with one another, some of the parents visit while their children play. The lady who founded this program takes photos and the parents and children make memory books, this is one of the children's artwork which will be incorporated into the memory book. This is a fantastic way to prepare the children for school, the children want to come, they enjoy themselves and it's a postive way to transition into the classrooms once they're a little older.
.. yup, it's been a great day!

19 comments:

  1. This experience must have been very positive and important for you, dear Darlin.
    Enjoy your time. Kisses from Italy
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erika I'm actually learning a lot without actually realizing it, this is definitely a valuable way to learn. Cheers. Have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  2. That is a good idea! We did this in an informal way when I was living in West Africa when my son was 2. Moms and kids had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Galen that's fantastic, I personally think that it's important for young children to interact with other children so they don't grow up too fast. Just a thought... have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great idea but I'm not sure how they get the parents to attend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red I guess the parents want to attend, there's more than just crafts for the children, they make keepsake books with photos, there's a place to bath the child if the parent wants to, the children are fed lunch, it's a place to connect with other mothers, or caregivers, and I think that the overall attitude of the place makes it a fun environment for all who attend. I was back again today and will return tomorrow, I love going there and playing with the children!

      Delete
  5. fantastic...love when parents and kids work together on projects! one thing about my Mom, she loved a good project and my sister and I always helped!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just lost my comment, so will try again ;-) I love it when parents (caregivers) work together on a project! One thing about my Mom, she loved a good project and my sister and I always got to help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and there's that missing comment...of course!

      Delete
    2. LOL Blogger issues eh Theanne, that's funny. The other day I posted a comment about 14 times and had to go back to the one individuals site and delete all but one of the comments... sheesh! That's fantastic when parents teach children through fun methods, even things like decorating cookies are a learning experience. I LOVE doing things with my granddaughter, I get to do the same types of things I did with my children when time permitted. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  7. Hi there - thanks for the visit - seems you are having a great time.

    I'm jealous that you have seen a Thorny Devil - have not spent that much time in central Aust. but much of it was spent look for this lizard - for no result!!!

    Oh well, there is always next time - or as you may say "Funny how life works sometimes isn't it?"

    Cheers - Stewart M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steward, I have my moments when I want to get outta here, especially when the dogs are barking til all hours of the morning or I want something I can't buy at the local store, but all in all I am making the most of this experience. I believe that everything in life happens for a reason, the reason will present itself and I think that I'm on to a few different things here... progress has been made! Right and I also got to see the Thorny Devil! ;-) You'll get one yet, just take the back roads and drive slow, this one was crossing the sandy road and we stopped to capture it's photo. And yup, it sure is funny how life works sometimes!

      Cheers.

      Delete
    2. Stewart I apologize for spelling your name wrong, I'm wiped tonight and after my post you'll totally understand I'm sure. Enjoy your Sunday!

      Delete
  8. I have just been catching up on your posts. Looks like you are having a good time and learning lots. Uluru is a magic place, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane this is a very interesting place to be, have you ever visited the APY Lands?

      Delete
  9. Great idea, not seen this happening locally so far !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wong I'm not sure if this is transpiring back home or not but you bet I'll be checking in to it when I get back. Enjoy your Sunday!

      Delete
  10. It's moments like that which stay inside us for a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And our best teachers are often our first teachers... our parents. ;-)

      Delete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.