We went on a bit of a tour and what a tour it's been. We went to Uluru, also known as Ayers Rock. The following photo is my first sighting of this amazing rock, it's beautiful!
The nearer we got, the more amazing this sight became...
And we arrived I was in awe; this is a 'must see' if you're ever in Australia, it's amazing!
We walked down a path and found this pond where water collects when it rains... too bad it wasn't raining, I would have loved to see the waterfall.
...and one last photo. There are some ancient drawings in the cave, these are so awesome to see. When the families would sit around a fire in the evening in the cave they would tell stories which they would explain through their drawings.
Uluru is a sacred place, they ask people to please not climb the rock, some people still do, I choose not to out of respect.





wonderful there... absolutely breathtaking area!
ReplyDeleteLife and travelling
Cooking
It sure was amazing Ola! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend, cheers.
DeleteFor sure, looks amazing
ReplyDeleteShayne there's so many firsts for me here, it makes me wonder why I never traveled more in the past... I guess it wasn't meant to be. I've been bitten by the travel bug now, I already have my next trip dancing in my head and I'm not even done this one yet! lol
DeleteIn all my years in Australia, I never actually saw Uluru! Wish I had though, it looks absolutely beautiful there.
ReplyDeleteSaz other than this rock and the other small mountainous region on the other side there's not much here really. The rock itself is amazing though. Cheers.
DeleteGlad you have seen the "must seen" ...
ReplyDeleteWong I thought I wasn't going to have this opportunity and what a wonderful surprise trip this was!
ReplyDeleteWhen Pilchard and I saw it for the 1st time a few years ago we just stopped the car and looked at each other going 'WOW, WOW, WOW'! Glad you got to see it!!
ReplyDeleteRed that was me when I spied Uluru from a distance and all the way up to the rock, even when we went walking in I was in awe. This really is a beautiful place.
ReplyDeleteI sometimes wish I had more time (and money) to travel more of Australia, but I miss my granddaughter and family way too much to stay longer than I have planned. I'm sure I'll be back one day, this country is phenomenal! You are blessed to live here, inflated prices and all! lol Cheers.