Today I stayed home most of the day and accomplished a few things. I've been trying to get to putting together a photo album of Elyssa as a Christmas gift, I've decided instead of rushing this now I'm going to make it for her birthday in May. This way it'll give me more time to work on it and I'll get it just the way I have it pictured in my head. I did however decide to make her a calendar and almost have it ready to order.
It felt good to sit down and do some creative work, I also finally got
around to editing a few of my convocation photos. As I was editing this photo
I got to thinking...I walked up to the front of the stage, had one photo
taken, walked across the stage and shook hands with three complete
strangers, and came home with a piece of paper and an alumni pin... 5 years
of eduction for this, you do the math! lol
(I am on the right hand side)
(I am on the right hand side)
I am blessed to be surrounded by so much love and support,
these are my children, my daughter-in-law and anybody who follows my blog
will know the little princess is my beautiful granddaughter.



The photo at the ceremony has you smiling from ear to ear. I also love the family photo.
ReplyDeleteThank you Horst, I'm so blessed to have such wonderful children, a mother couldn't ask for anything more... well maybe more grandchildren but my younger two aren't in any hurry to oblige me! LOL
DeleteHave a wonderful weekend!
I have a similar view on convocation as yours. You're in a sea of people you don't know. Like you my Mom and Dad and wife were there. You have a great family and photo of them.
ReplyDeleteRed it was an amazing feeling, an amazing experience and one I can cross off of my bucket list now. It might have been different if I'd actually attended the UofC, but I was in the extension program in Edmonton... then again it might not have made a difference. When I was given the alumni pin I almost felt like saying no thanks! lol I don't feel like a part of the alumni as there was nothing ever offered for us extension students, oh wait a second that's a fib, we were allowed to compete in the international placement pool... and we all know how that turned out!
DeleteI'm just glad that this phase of my journey is done, I may or may not pursue the Masters, I'm giving myself until after Christmas to decide what my next move will be.
Have a wonderful weekend Red!
Oh you sure are blessed! I totally adore that most wonderful and HAPPY family photo! Life is just marvelous when we stay away for it right! Enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteThank you Karen, I LOVE your new profile photo, I was trying to find out where you're from so I can add you to the prayer map I'm putting together for Austin. I went to view complete profile and it took me off of blogger, but I still didn't fine what I was looking for! lol I did however see your photo, is this your grandson? You look stunning! I'll go to your blog and see if I can find where to send an email to you k?
DeleteHave a wonderful weekend and Happy Thanksgiving!
All smiles and wonderful achievement !
ReplyDeleteThank you Wong, it was/is a real sense of accomplishment!
DeleteWow, looks like you've done absolutely amazing. (: Brilliant! And you look like you had loads of fun for graduation too.
ReplyDeleteSaz the grad is something I'm so glad I was able to experience, it was a once, maybe twice, or three times... experience of a lifetime! lol It all depends on how far I'm going to go with my education. Dr. Darlin is starting to sound mighty sweet! lol I'm considering the Masters, I should have my mind made up for sure one way or the other within this next few weeks.
DeleteHave a wonderful week and thank you.