Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Dreaming

Yesterday our roads were dry, bone dry. 
This morning I woke up, looked outside, 
closed the drapes back up and retreated to my computer...
 this is what I woke up to. 


We got it good and I knew sooner or later I'd have to come 
out of my retreat and shovel my walks. It was shortly
after lunch when I decided it was now or never. I bundled up, 
put on my winter parka, a scarf, gloves, my hat, grabbed my shovel,
and off to work I went. What generally takes me about half
an hour, took me an hour and a half and the snow was
heavy, so heavy I warmed up quickly 
so I lost the scarf and took off my hat.


The snow continued throughout the day,
the city was crawling along and places were even 
shutting down early. I'd heard it took people 
2 hours to do a half hour drive. 
The entire time I shoveled I was dreaming, 
dreaming of warm sunshiny beaches...
I miss Australia! 

14 comments:

  1. Oh. So sorry.
    Let's think it is a good exercise for your muscles, fresh cold air, clean driveway.
    No, the thought does not work. I think about warm places now, too)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Irina, I tried thinking of that the entire time I was outside! And for sure it's good exercise, if nothing else this snow makes me work! It's all a part of living where I do, I dream of one day bypassing winter in much warmer climates though.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Ola it's the real thing alright, unfortunately it's here to stay as far as I can tell. Such is life, I might get more done indoors, finish off the bedroom basement or something like that!

      Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Cquek, welcome to my small corner of the world, grab a cup of tea and make yourself at home! I love company. :-)

      Alberta is incredible, we have all seasons here and winter lasts the longest. We most likely won't see green grass again until about mid April if we're lucky that is. Spring is sure welcome when it arrives in March, I think by then most of us here have had more than enough of winter and all that goes with it.

      Have a wonderful day and I'll be over to check out your blog.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  4. It was a bad one. Hour and a half shoveling is brutal! We got only a small bit of snow but I've rarely seen it so icy. I knew you be too warm when you told what you put on. These days I have much lighter snow clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red I was super sick, palliative care sick, 7 years ago and ever since then I get cold very easily. My blood doesn't seem to run through my veins as it once did, add aging to this mixture and for sure I start out bundled right up... I don't mind peeling layers as my body heats up but I detest being cold.

      You're always so active, you don't need ten layers like some of us do! :-)

      Have a wonderful weekend if I don't chat with you before then and take good care when driving k?

      Delete
  5. From what I've heard that storm is on it's way here. Maybe I should move the snow blower from the shed around to the garage for easier access to it. We need the water so badly that I can't complain when it comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott that's a good idea, I'll also suggest to have those winter tires installed. I waited and now I'm going to have to wait for a while longer, it seems too many people waited and now every tire shop is backed up! I hope you don't get it as bad as we did, it hit hard and heavy but at least today the snow tapered off, I only had to shovel once... bonus day! lol

      Delete
  6. Thank God I don't have to shovel much, but I had to find my car under all that snow this morning. I had to use my plastic snow shovel to uncover my car, and wow, are the roads ever slippery. You drive safe now Darlin. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horst it's like an ice rink out there and I still have my all seasons on. I won't be taking my car out to the mountains this weekend, my daughter is driving us down there and hopefully she's got winter tires, I should have checked with her. Mind you the highways should be cleaned up by Saturday, here's to hoping.

      I hope you also have a great weekend Horst and hopefully we won't get too much more snow. This is enough to last us for quite some time now!

      Delete
  7. Hi there - I like the Australian hat in the snow! Did you manage to see any of the white stuff while you were here - although I get the feeling it may not have the novelty value for you it does for other people.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stewart, it's so awesome to hear from you! How's life down under? I'm sure missing it especially now that we're full on in winter and I know you've got the sunshine and heat there! I didn't see any snow at all while I was visiting, thankfully I might add! It was getting cool though the final few weeks I was in Adelaide, I even had to buy a heavy jacket, well heavy for Australia, but too light for this type of weather we've been having.

      I hope all is well with you, I'll try to make it over to your blog one of these days for a visit. Have a wonderful weekend and please send some sunshine our way! ;-)

      Cheers.

      Delete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.