Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Friday, November 15, 2013

Rockin my mocs

Today was rock your moc day. What this is it's Indigenous peoples from all over the 
world sport their moccasins and mukluks for the day. Naturally me being Métis I was 
all over this one... didn't leave my house without my mukluks and even ensured my feet were kept warm in my home in my moccasins. 


There's a site on facebook, Rock your mocs November
15, 2013 and you bet I posted this on there. I seen mocs from
all over the place on this site, a lady from NZ is on there, as
are many from Canada and the US. This is the 3rd year of this 
event, first year I've heard of it though and when it rolls 
around next year, I'll be watching for it! 

12 comments:

  1. Cool! But why have I never heard of this downunder?? Maybe it hasn't quite made it - although NZ is pretty close!! Maybe next year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red maybe within the Indigenous communities or on the APY Lands, mind you when I was there I never spotted anyone rockin their mocs.... mind you it was super hot when I visited. This is only the 3rd year this has been going on, the first I'd heard of it and it was thanks to facebook, social media informs me as to what is transpiring, otherwise I may have missed this.

      Have yourself a wonderful week, and if it's too hot in Australia, think of us here... I'll have to shovel my way to the car this morning... ugh!

      Delete
  2. dit is wel heel leuk maar hier kennen wij dit niet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Het is een nieuwere traditie, ik ben zelfs niet zeker waar dit afkomstig is maar ik ben er trots op om deel uit te maken van waaruit mijn solidariteit. Een prachtig weekend.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Tex, I think it's a pretty cool concept.

      Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  4. You reminded me of my mukluks that are downstairs. In Inuvik I ware them constantly. They will be with me to the end. I'll watch next year for rock your mocs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red do you have the seal skin mukluks? I'd LOVE to have a pair of those!

      And we got that snow you were speaking of, today it's going to be a day of shoveling... hope my nephew is up to it, I have to go out. Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Karen it sure was, I don't think that I've ever been this excited to 'roc my mocs' and these mukluks of mine have done a lot of rockin' :-) Next year I'll get a better photo though, this was a quick shot with my phone on my way out.

      Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  6. Well, I must definitely get some so I can participate next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It doesnt get any better than that. I can hear a distant drum and dancers Darlin.. ( if only :) ) Red mentioned you in a post and I came on by.
    Lovely to visit again.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.