The Government of Canada a while back ensured that there was enough vaccine to give each and every Canadian the H1N1 vaccination. I don't know what or how our government thinks, naturally everyone was going to rush right out to get the shot and today it is now restricted.The list of people who can get this shot are as follows:
-children over 6 months and under 5 years
-pregnant women
-people with chronic conditions aged 5-64 as of November 1
-household contacts and caregivers of people who cannot be immunized
-front line health care workers.
There are posters, as the one seen here, which are posted every which way I look and I have read a few articles on the vaccination, it is such a debatable issue. The vaccine can cause all sorts of side effects, so do I want to get my shot? I'll let a medical expert tell me what he thinks and take it from there.
Til then I'm going to do as I have been doing and not change a thing. I refuse to live in fear! Yet I do thank the good Lord up above that I live in a country which allows me this choice.
Where did you find a list of the side effects? I wouldn't mind taking a look.
ReplyDeleteHere are some interesting pictures on the subject.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/11/watching_the_h1n1_flu_pandemic.html
http://www.630ched.com/Other/Custom/H1N1/h1n1guide-eng.pdf
ReplyDeleteor Google the government of Alberta H1N1 vaccination.
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out after classes today.
Cool thanks, I guess I could have just used Google.
ReplyDeleteI just went over the document in the link you provided but I couldn't find side effects to the vaccine anywhere in there.
ReplyDeleteIt is such a touchy subject...
ReplyDeleteShayne, I'm going to have to take another look here. I'll also let you know what my doctors opinion is k? I go to see him Monday morning.
ReplyDeleteNo problem, I was just curious is all.
ReplyDelete