Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Friday, November 13, 2009

Progress not Perfection

There have been so many essays to write lately that I find I need more computers to keep track of them all. This here should about keep me going for what's to come in my educational journey.

Just kidding... the one laptop is my niece's, she just got it from Dell on Wednesday. There was no operating system on the computer so I called Dell and what a hassle to get this laptop to work. About two hours after my initial call, I finally got the OS up and running. I will NEVER deal with Dell again, it's way to much hassle to get a straight answer from them and it is frustrating.

So yet another lesson in tolerance. And how well did I do on a scale of one to ten? About a six, progress not perfection!

8 comments:

  1. Wow when I first looked at the photo before reading I thought my goodness Darlene has a crowded desk - so many computers - thats dedicated to her goal!! I am so glad I was wrong - I was getting worried about you. Isn't it funny my laptop is from Dell as well and I have only praise for them they have helped me no end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene, I love your desk lamp. Actually, I love the whole set up and all your post-its. :D You look like a very organized person and I'd guess you'd have to be with your busy schedule.
    I thought the same thing Davine did what with all those computers. :)

    I hope you have a wonderful Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Davine, I am glad that Dell is serving you well. I sometimes run into situations within my life which are out of the ordinary and this I am sure is one of them. I think that God has an awesome sense of humor, I keep having great chuckles with Him anyways. I think of my life situations as growth or regression periods, this computer ordeal was a wee bit of regression for me. My inner child wanted to have a tantrum but she behaved... mostly! lol And yes two computers are ample for me although I do have the old tower close by for a "just in case" moment!

    Karen, thank you. I do attempt to keep organized, studying in five classes things can get a tad bit hectic and without organization I would never attain my educational goal and trust me when I say, I'm not doing this to fail!

    Have a wonderful weekend ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer my perfection, no need for progress at all!

    Just kidding of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were born perfect Shayne! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww shucks you are going to make me blush :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I have never heard of Dell giving bad service, you must have just gotten a bad technician! I have gotten multiple laptops for my family and Dads business and never had an issue. Good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy when was the last time you used them for tech support? I don't have an issue with their laptop, not now, but it's the support, or lack of it, which angered me!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.