Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Monday, April 11, 2011

Art

It was a busy day, I was being a chauffeur first for my boyfriend who brought his big truck to the city to have some work done to it then afterward I had to get my niece to an appointment. I covered the west, north and south sides of the city so I had plenty of photo opportunities. 

This first shot is our new art gallery, I've yet to get in to check it out but when I do I'll take my camera and share what I can find there worth sharing. I think that this is a rather odd looking building but then again what do I know about art?


This next photo must have been a city employee, he probably took his lunch break and though observation I've seen how hard city employees work... he forgot to go back to work and turned into a statue! 




8 comments:

  1. What a crazy architecture! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love it!
    We always say, that in Australia we employ 3 people for every govt job, 1 to work and 2 to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one strange building! Being from a construction background, the first thing I think when I see an odd building like that is how hard it must have been to build!

    They should have made the city worker taking a nap with his hat pulled down over his eyes. That's what they all seem to be doing around here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Capturing this amazing building in Black & White makes the photo really special!

    Greetz,


    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great building.....and love the stone man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ola, that's what I say! lol

    Beverly I'm beginning to think that it's the same worldwide where there are city employees, it's starting to sound that way! lol

    Andy, the things that they construct today this was probably a piece of cake. I must say that it's one of the oddest buildings in Edmonton that I've seen thus far... it's sure different anyways. As for the city employees, they don't bother pulling their caps down because it might interfere with texting or taking on their cell phones! lol Have a great day!

    Hi there Joesph, my long lost buddy way over in Germany! ;-) Thank you, it seemed to uncolorful in normal color so what better to do with it then make it into a B&W? See I'm still thinking... for now! lol Cheers my friend!

    Karen, I can't wait to see the inside of this building now but I'll share it with you when I do. The stone man is one which caught my eye a few years back, that was pre P365 though so I've never captured him, I think that he's pretty cool as well! Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Whoever created that building certainly was artistic! I think its absolutely fabulous! && what a great shot you got of it! (:

    Also, haha, I love your second photo. He really must have forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saz, thanks. It most certainly is interesting, definitely not something I'm used to seeing by no means. I'm a small town country girl, kind of old fashioned so this type of building is taking some getting used to... I might be moved away before I get used to it but nonetheless I thought it was worthy of sharing here. I haven't seen one like it yet on Blogger and I've been Blogging now for... hmmm, since January 2009. It must be one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.