Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Birthdays



Tonight we went out and celebrated my oldest son (Shayne) and his wife's (Sandy) birthdays. My sons birthday is today and his wife's is in two weeks. We went out to Japanese Village, they cook right at the table, so not only did we get one heck of a good meal we were also provided with entertainment.  


After our dinner the staff came out, put goofy looking caps on Shayne and Sandy and sang them happy birthday... check out how their daughter is looking at them. I had to laugh, my granddaughter was tying to figure out what the heck was going on. 


Wishing you both a very Happy Birthday Shayne and Sandy, next stop Canmore in two weeks! 

The next birthday in our family will be my precious granddaughters birthday, she's going to be a year old already on May 5th. It's hard to believe but ya, one year old!



It was a wonderful day, now it's time for an early night.

12 comments:

  1. My son is home this weekend celebrating his birthday! And my daughter's is in a few weeks. The other three children all have birthdays in September. And now my first grandchild is due in September. September will be a birthday month!! I can see that you have had a great time. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Galen, a very happy birthday to your son! We have all of our birthdays done in my family by July 12th. May is the busiest with my granddaughters first birthday just around the corner, then my boyfriends is on the 20th, mine is on the 26th and Mother's day. May's going to be busy! Enjoy your day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I had a similar expression on my face as I was trying to figure out what on earth they were wearing in that first picture! :)

    My birthday is May 29th! We'll have to cyber-celebrate together! :)

    Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy, it's a tradition at Japanese Village to see how much they can embarrass someone on their birthday! lol We're three days apart, that's cool. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so beautiful. And she definitely does not recognize her Dad))).
    Happy birthdays to yours.
    And thank you so so much for your kindest comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet...love the "hat"s and the expression on your granddaughter's face. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, that shot of Elyssa is priceless !! Correction - BOTH shots are !

    That's one good-looking Japanese cake ! ;-)

    And happy birthdays all around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Irina, thank you. It was a wonderful dinner followed by an enjoyable evening, I spent the night at my son and his wife's house so that they could go out and I got to wake up to my precious granddaughter. There's no better way to start a day! :-)

    Theanne, it was fun and priceless to watch Elyssa's reaction!

    Thank you Rick, shhhh don't tell anyone but I had two pieces of cake, the second piece as small... there's my justification! lol It was fantastic, not at all sweet like some are.

    Have a great week everyone, I'm counting days now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the hats! && your granddaughter is absolutely gorgeous! Amazing shots. (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. The expression on your grandaughter's face is priceless Darlin! But a lovely family occasion.
    Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh your little grandbaby is just so special..what a cutie...and I know a joy beyond words! I think she was a bit surprised by their hats though...I love her expression!...it must have been a great time with family and I enjoy eating at those places (we have some here) where they cook and perform at our table! A fun time for all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saz thank you! I love getting together with my children and now a granddaughter as well... does life get any better? :-)

    Shirleyanne, it sure was a wonderful dinner and get together. We need more birthdays in our family! lol

    Karen, thank you. This is only my second time at Japanese Village and it won't be my last that's for sure! I loved watching my granddaughters expressions when the chef was cooking, I'm glad she didn't get scared, just watched in awe! A big night for a little girl.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.