The snow's melting, the birds are returning, the skies have been clear and the temperature today was around 18c. Could it be... could it possibly be that we won't see anymore of the white stuff this year? I sure hope this is the last of it. There was so much snow this year that a lot of the fields look like ponds now that it's melting.
This is not a pond nor a river, it's in the middle of a field where these ducks are enjoying themselves.
The ditches are flowing fiercely with water...
...so much so that when we returned from our drive last night the road was partially covered with water where we had to turn off to get back to the farm.We've had a few very dry years and this year I don't think that this will be a problem at all, I just hope it dries up in time for the farmers to plant their crops.


Liquid water---in Canada? That is a definite portent of Springtime.
ReplyDeleteFantastic, spring is the best part of the year!
ReplyDeleteThis has been a tough winter in every place, Spain has also received a good amount of water (solid and liquid), hopefully the oncoming summer will help us to refill our batteries and enjoy a little bit of sun and calm!
ReplyDeleteReegards from Spain...
Isn't it wonderful! My only complaint is that I have to start mowing my lawn now. I hate mowing! :( Oh well, I love spring too much to let that ruin it for me. :)
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful day!
Crazy winter, crazy spring. My farmer is now 2 weeks behind, and may not start seeding for a few weeks yet.
ReplyDeleteAlways holding your breath in that job:(
Do you have rubber boots? You need to bring them out here so we can go for a long, puddle walk:)
What a beautiful first picture, the focus is soft, I like it :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Spring (Finally for You) ;)
Greetz,
Joseph
wow who is getting a bit arty with the photography, love the second photograph? I cannot wait to see more spring and green photographs as the trees come to life.
ReplyDeleteThank you for you very kind comments on my blog, they make a difficult day a lot easier.
Si x
DUCKS!!! Waddle waddle.
ReplyDeleteSorry, I have this odd amazement with doctors. Haha.
What lovely photo's. Glad that your snow is finally leaving!! (:
Those scenes look a lot like what we have around here now Darlene - but it's NOT because of melting snow ! Sunday on our way to our son's place we saw Canada geese doing the same - in a farmer's field !
ReplyDeleteNice shots - no matter how the water got there ! ;-)
[not to rain on your reason for joy, but I recall getting a LOT of snow in May when we lived out west. Of course, THAT was in Calgary ;-)]
Hope you're having a great week.
LL it sure is a true sign of spring. The problem now is will the farmers get their crops planted, it's looking like it's going to be a tough year once again. Feast or famine is seems.
ReplyDeleteOla, I also love spring... the end of a long cold winter for us here finally! Even if we get more snow I know that it won't last, I'm hoping that we don't get anymore though.
Maguisan we can only hope!
Dawn, how much land does your farmer have to plant? I hope that it dries up quickly for all farmers! I can easily get some rubber boots, there were some pretty snazzy ones I was going to buy last year I think it was, they were so ugly that they were cute! lol I'd love to take a drive out your way, maybe once I get my garden in out at the farm, then I can enjoy a wee bit of time off, or maybe not... I'm going to Colorado Springs June 14-24 then maybe after that. By then I'd best not need rubber boots! lol
Joseph, thank you. I'm hoping that this is it, there's no more snow and the trees and grass turns green soon. I get up each morning and check what the day is looking like before I head out the door... do I dress for spring or winter is my first question of the day! lol Cheers!
Si, anytime and I mean anytime you want to chat just find me, I'm only a click away. And thank you, I was trying something a wee bit different and I also like the way the second photo turned out. I'm still playing with my shots, seeing what I can come up with. Most end up in the recycle bin but it's the only way to learn. :-)
ReplyDeleteSaz, you're so cute! lol Thanks for the smiles on this end. :-)
Rick, thank you for your kind words and as far as I'm concerned Calgary can get all of the snow! I'm going to speak on behalf of my fellow Edmontonians here... WE DON'T WANT IT HERE! lol This is one thing that I won't envy Calgary for one wee bit! (Not that I wish snow on anybody this time of year!) It's unreal the amount of snow we've all had, I was worried about flooding basements here in the city and never even thought of the farmers fields until I drove out to the farm this weekend, out of sight out of mind. Now that I've seen the amount of water in the fields it's scary, good for the birds but not the farmers!
Enjoy your day everyone!
Dress for spring and do the spring dance :D
ReplyDeleteGreetz,
Joseph
Nice shots .. I love the water and there is a lot out here. Im not sure when we will seed but we arent behind yet.
ReplyDeleteJoseph, that would entail a rain coat, unbrella and rubber boots! I just may have to do that yet! lol Cheers!
ReplyDeleteLisa thank you and I'm glad to hear that you're not behind yet. Do you think that the fields will be dry enough to seed on time this year? I heard talk out at the farm that it's not looking like it but ya never know, stranger things have happened. I hope nothing but the best for all of you hard working farmers!