Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Day Late

I didn't post a photo yesterday, I'm a day late... on the other hand I could be a day early for today's post as I generally don't post until the wee hours of the morning. Either way this photo is one I shot yesterday...


I was driving by this church, it was rush hour and the traffic was barely moving. When this happens I pull out my camera and take photos of whatever is around me, it's something to pass the time and I don't get all wound up that I'm not moving, what's the point really? Will getting upset make the traffic move any faster? From previous experiences I'd say nope, it doesn't make one wee bit of a difference.

... a lesson on patience perhaps? Could it be a coincidence that this church happened to be right where I was stopped and I did no edits to this photo, it turned out exactly how I viewed this particular church. There may or there may not be a message in this. I know I'm grateful for all which I have in my life especially after visiting a sick friend in the hospital yesterday and after learning of the death of one of my Aunties last night, I'm grateful for the breath I breathe.

... so a day late, or a day early? In the big picture of life sometimes it doesn't matter.

13 comments:

  1. COMPLETELY agree.
    I'm glad you look at life like this...maybe that's why you don't have "morning fog"?:)))

    Sorry to hear about your aunt and sick friend.
    Life carries on, but sometimes it's nice to take it as it is instead of wishing it to go faster.
    Have a wonderful day, and....
    better late than never;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to teach my kids that there isn't anything worth getting worked up over. We do the best we can in whatever situation we find ourselves and that's that. Getting upset never helps! :)

    I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt Linda. As I told Cathy, we'll be praying for you all, as well as for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a blue sky and is that tree blossoming already?
    I guess you are doing your spring dance on a daily basis now :D

    Greetz,


    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn, as I mentioned there's no time for morning fog. And thank you, I hadn't been in close contact with my aunt but she was a very nice lady. The last communication with her she was so supportive and encouraging. It's sad to see someone pass yet she won't have to suffer. She was diagnosed with lung cancer a few short months ago, the real kicker is that she never smoked and looked after herself really well. I'm in no rush to push time to go faster, if anything I'd like it to slow down a tad bit. It seems the older I get the faster it goes. I also think that because I no longer resist life it flows so smoothly most of the time and before I know it another month is coming to a close. No matter what happens I'm grateful that I'm here and living in the now, who knows what our tomorrows might bring. Have a wonderful day and maybe I'd best go and see if they have those tacky rubber boots still! ;-)

    Andy thank you, I read your post on my sisters blog and it touched me. You are a kind man Andy. I'm glad you're teaching your children that it's not worth it to get all wound up, it took me a few years to learn this on my own and I'm still working on it. One day at a time eh? Enjoy your day!

    Joseph, the tree is deceiving, no blossoms as of yet but it's coming. I love seeing blue skies, after all the gray they're sure a welcomed sight! I'm going to make time sometime today to get out there and do a happy dance, it's such a happy dance I don't want to do it all alone here in the privacy of my own house! lol Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing photo. (: You have a good attitude to life! :D No point in letting life get you down. Unfortunately I am guilty of exactly that. I'm so sensitive. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saz, when I was younger I had less patience but over the years I'm learning that losing my patience does nothing but cause gray hair and I'm far to young for that! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look who is not taking photographs of churches lol. Sorry to hear about your loss, sending a very big hug back over to water to you.

    Si x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Si, thank you. And yup now I'm going to give you a run for your money! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not late or early--right on time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darlene, Beautiful that you can take your time the city rush. Right place at the right time. Im sorry for your loss. Even though you were close there is still the sense of loss that you must feel.
    I do know life goes on that is for certain. Sometimes I would love time to stand still.. no luck. Have a blessed night

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about your aunt, Darlene, and hopefully your friend gets better and out of the hospital. soon.

    It's taken me a long time, but I think my patience (for the most part) has improved over time. I'm still working on that in traffic situations, although I can at least put that resigned look on my face when in a total traffic jam. ;-)

    And coincidences - well it may look like that to us but I don't believe anything happens 'by chance'.

    Have a great evening Darlene !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Si, only if I'm in the right place at the right time! ;-)

    Galen, I'm thinking on the same wave length. Thank you.

    Lisa, thank you. My heart really goes out to my cousins, I know how tough it is to have your mother taken while they are still young enough to enjoy some of the best times of their life. My Mom was only 60 when she was taken from us and it's hard. I don't think that it matters how old our parents are when they pass, it's tough.

    Rick, thank you. I sure hope my friend gets better, he's like a Dad to me and has been over this past 5 years. We're very close and I'm going to keep praying, after it's not in my hands, it's in his Creator's hands.

    Oh and don't get me wrong with the patience thing, I'm working on it and with traffic jams I'm pretty good at keeping my sanity but let someone cut me off and WOAH potty mouth when I'm by myself! lol I believe that once we (some of us) get a bit older that age has this way of asking us if it's really worth the effort to get impatient. Life looks much different with each tick of the clock.

    No, nothing happens by chance I agree. There's reason and purpose for everything in life. I didn't just happen to be stopped at this church, it was supposed to be that way. Some may not agree but I know what the message was, I heard it loud and clear. That's what happens when I pay attention, honest I do once in a while! ;-) I hope you have a wonderful evening as well and your rain hopefully has subsided if not quit.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.