Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Friday, April 1, 2011

Hope

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
                                     
                                                                          Emily Dickinson

10 comments:

  1. Hello Darlin, just love all the glorious colours found in a Peacock feather!
    Something so beautiful should give us all Hope.
    Enjoy your weekend! hope you get some free time from the studying! Take care;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful photograph! So vibrant and colourful. Peacock tails are beautiful. The quote is amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing picture, Darlene!!

    You should be as proud as a peacock of that one! :)

    (I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist!)

    Have an absolutely SPECTACULAR day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply lovely! An inspiration to all that is beautiful and meaningful in life...the gifts of life that are a shame to overlook! I hope your weekend is great...guess what, we are going to have temps up to 50 today, but of course followed tomorrow with rain, cold, and possible other winter stuff...but hey today it will be spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirleyanne, thank you and today I'm going to take most of the day off from the books. It's a glorious day, one to get out in the world and have some fun! I love spring. :-) Have a fantastic day!

    Saz, thank you. Wishing you have a magnificent day!

    Andy, no worries... when I was going to post I had to refrain from that saying! lol Have a beautiful, fun filled day!

    Karen, thank you. So true that our gifts in life are at times overlooked but when we notice them then life itself becomes a treasure, a gift and gifts are to be appreciated. And hooray... spring if only for one day. The amazing part of life is that we can CHOOSE to carry spring in our hearts even in the dead of winter. Enjoy your day and go splash in those puddles if your heart feels like dancing! ;-) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How DID you capture that? It's very beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is stunning. I love the colors. Wonderful shot Darlin. Our snow is going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dawn, I looked up! lol I was in a ladies office and I happened to glance up and seriously this is what I spotted, this was a gift to the lady from one of the senior residents at the lodge where I've been doing the interviews. I HAD to take a photo and the lady I was talking to might have thought I was a wee bit odd but when I explained to her about P365 she became very interested! I find myself explaining this project ever now and again and have it pretty much down to a one minute explanation! lol

    Lisa, thank you and yes FINALLY our snow is going and I'm loving it!

    Have a great evening ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A GREAT shot Darlene - crisp and colourful ! And a great quote to go with it.

    Good observation !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Rick. I find since I've started this P365 journey I view everything differently. I see the beauty I'm surrounded by (on most days, I'm still human), I see what I have to be grateful for and I see or feel like I've grown as an individual. I find that I smile a whole lot too but I think that I used to do that even pre-P365! lol Now off to see where your creativity and perception led you to today...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.