I felt like baking something today, so I did. Lately one of my favorites is lemon poppy-seed loaf and one bite of this loaf which melted in my mouth told me why it's a favorite. The loaf itself is as light as spongecake, the richness of the lemon flavor tantalizes the taste-buds and the poppy seeds brings it all together. I think that it's about time for a midnight snack, what's one more small piece going to hurt? ;-)

Delicious, Darlene, Delicious . . . Seems so moist . . . Am I drooling now? . . . :-D
ReplyDeleteGreetz,
Joseph
That looks absolutely gorgeous Darlin! I'd love a bit. ;)
ReplyDeleteVery nice shot! Also, the cake looks so scrumptious! (:
I love lemon poppy-seed! We have muffins at the hotel for the continental breakfast and I have to use a lot of self control to not eat them all!
ReplyDeleteI used to make lemon poppyseed muffins, and I haven't in ages. Thanks for reminding me of this wonderful combination.
ReplyDeleteLemon poppy seed is one of my favorites.
ReplyDeleteJoseph if you're ever coming this way let me know and I'll bake a loaf just for you! :-) How've you been my friend? I haven't seen much of you lately and miss your wise remarks and amazing photos. I hope to see some soon! Take care and have a fantastic day. Cheers!
ReplyDeleteSaz, thank you and it is so tasty. I didn't make it from scratch, I cheated and used a boxed cake but shhhh don't tell anyone, they won't know the difference! lol
Andy, that's the hard part when I bake is remembering the term M O D E R A T I O N! ;-)
Pam, your welcome. I don't make this often, I'd eat to much of it otherwise. Heaven only knows (well now everyone else on Blogger) that my waistline doesn't need it. ;-)
Kathy, pop on over for a cuppa tea and we'll have some lemon loaf. :-)
Have a fantastic Sunday everyone!
That looks so yummy, send some over the pond please or let me have the receipt.
ReplyDeleteSi x
Hey Darlin, that cake looks wonderful, I'm coming over for coffee, haven't had a good cake fix in a long time. :-)
ReplyDeleteHmmmmm...did you know it only takes me about an hour to get to where you live?;))
ReplyDeleteLooks wonderful!!!!!
Horst one of these fine days we should meet, go on a photo shoot and maybe you could teach me a thing or two and I'll make you a lemon loaf. How's that for a fair trade? ;-)
ReplyDeleteDawn, anytime... my door's always open any time you want to come over!
The Lemon Loaf simply makes my mouth water.
ReplyDeleteWe need to move you farther SOUTH.
LL, anywhere where it's warmer and if I was closer I'd bake you a lemon loaf not a problem! I don't think that our postal services would get this to you before it changed color otherwise I could mail it to you. In the meantime you'll have to visit your local bakery and make do with that they bake up for ya! :-)
ReplyDelete