Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Local 720

Tonight I had the pleasure of attending the Ironworkers Local 780 Pin and Award Banquet. 


The dinner was phenomenal, it started with French crepes with smoked salmon, followed by cannelli bean and pancetta soup, the entree was herb roasted beef tenderloin and shrimp skewer and dessert... I'll let that speak for itself.


After dinner the pins and awards were presented then the Dammit Jim Band crooned some good old tunes and began the party. 


The Ironworkers know how to party in style, nothing but the best for their men!
I've seen some of what the Ironworkers do and I honestly don't know how anyone could work way up in the sky like they do, especially balancing on beams. Hats off to our Ironworkers, that's one tough job in my opinion.

10 comments:

  1. wow the dinner sounded very tasty and it sounded like a good evening all around. I'm afraid of heights so I am amazed by those chaps who build tall buildings, i.e. anything about the ground floor ;-}

    Si x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They certainly do know how to party! The menu sounds incredible for sure.....and to honor people any time for what they do, (and I too could not imagine working on heights like that) sounds like you had an exceptional weekend night out! Happy Easter Darlin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Si, I'm the same way me and heights don't do well together. Maybe that's why I'm amazed at what these guys do. Cheers!

    Pam, it melted in my mouth, it was that good... sinfully delicious!

    Karen, thank you. It was a very nice evening, there must have been at least 500 people there but the room was huge, it easily accommodated everyone. A very blessed Easter Sunday to you as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter to you!

    I don't think I've ever been to a banquet with such good-sounding food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter, Darlin. Have a wonderful Easter and a great week of warm weather ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Lovely photo's. Sounds like you had a fantastic day! (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks as if it was a truly grand banquet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dinner sure sounded like it was scrumptious ! Love that shot of the band - great capture of the colours ! And yes, those ironworkers do great work - I get vertigo just looking at a photo of them ! Top of a stepladder is high enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy, thank you and it was an unbelievable meal! It's good to see that this union looks after their employees, I almost said men but I met this lady who used to be a social worker and now is an iron worker and hats off to her! Not that I'm going to get any brilliant ideas to join her once I get my degree in social work next year! lol

    Horst, here's to hoping! Thank you.

    Saz, thank you. I love your bubbly personality, you're a true gem!

    LL it was a feast I'll not forget anytime soon. The tenderloin melted in my mouth!

    Rick thank you. I'm with you on heights, I never even used to be able to get up on a ladder never mind walking on beams thousands of feet in the air... strapped in or not NO WAY! The only reason I got used to a SMALL stepladder is that when I want something painted I don't want to have to wait for someone to come and do it for me. Hmmm now what was I saying about patience in my last response to you! lol

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.