Last night I couldn't sleep, well I slept for a few broken up hours... I was too excited to be getting away this weekend! Well we're here now in the mountains, it's beautiful! I was shocked when we checked into our room, it's beautiful!
We have a full kitchen...
The living room with a fireplace, a patio with a BBQ...
There's a bedroom on the main floor with a full bath adjoining the bedroom and there's a loft bedroom with another full bath.
There's three tv's, and even a washer and dryer tucked into a closet. I could get used to living like this!
I didn't have much time for photos, we didn't arrive until 6pm and we met my son, his wife and my granddaughter for dinner. Then it was time to get checked in and settled. I did however take one photo of The Three Sisters which I feel is good enough to post, especially considering it was a drive by shooting.
I'll take tons more photos with my Canon once I'm settled, rested and ready to go again.
Rick what was the other shot you put in a request for? I'll see if I can figure out what it is and where it is once I know what I'm looking for. This is fun, sort of like a scavenger hunt with photos. I didn't know what The Three Sisters (Faith, Charity and Hope) were until you mentioned them... I don't get out enough obviously! lol




I had heard of the Three Sisters and knew it was a mountain but I didn't know where it was. I also had no idea they were named! Very interesting bit of trivia there! :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you don't wear out your camera too badly! I'm sure you will be taking a LOT of pictures! Hooray for digital cameras!!!! :)
I'm sure I don't have to tell you to have fun, you're going to have TONS OF FUN without anyone having to suggest it!! :)
Ilove the room,I missed your last post so don't know where you are,but have fun,you need a break!!! Blessings jane
ReplyDeleteWow! Your room is absolutely amazing, very lucky! Haha, and I love the photo you got of the three sisters. I agree, it is a good shot considering it was a drive by shoot!
ReplyDeleteWe have Three Sisters (mountains) in Oregon, too, so that threw me for a moment. Now I know about the Three Sisters in Canada! Sounds like you are having a great time.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone for stopping in, I'm too tired to respond or post tonight, if I'm up early enough I'll post in the morning!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your Sunday. :-)
It's pretty there !! Enjoy your time!
ReplyDeleteAndy, thank you and you bet I'm having a good time. It's so beautiful here... even with the snow. The fog I could do without but what the heck, sometimes we can't have it all. :-) Galen mentioned that there's also Three Sisters in Oregon, this is interesting. I'm going to have to google them to find out more. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteJane, thank you. I'm in Canmore, Alberta which is nestled in the mountains. I only have one complaint, the time is going way to fast! :-) Enjoy your day!
Saz, thank you! The room is so beautiful, last night we BBQed steaks and it was so delicious. My son cooked the steaks, I put together roasted potatoes, fried mushrooms and the garlic toast and my daughter made the Caesar salad so in no time at all we had a delicious meal. Food seems to taste so much better in the mountains for some reason... diet time when I get home! lol Enjoy your day!
Galen, I'm going to google the 3 Sisters in Oregon. Thanks for the info, it's interesting and now I'm curious what they look like. Have a great day!
Ola it sure is, no snow would be prettier but oh well, such is life. Enjoy your day!
What a great vacation! It looks beautiful there, you have a great place to stay and that's a recipe for a fun vacation.
ReplyDeleteLL, I only am missing one thing... I need a vehicle like your Scorpion! :-) My sons Durango got us up the mountain and thankfully back down but this little car of mine I wouldn't chance it. It is an amazing place to stay, today we're going to Banff, up one of the mountains there to take in the hot springs and a massage... yup a wee taste of heaven. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteSorry, Darlene - I didn't really look at your room once I saw your shot of the 3 sisters ;-) And it was great - brought back many memories of driving along the TCH to/from Calgary (actually Springbank to be exact). Thank you !
ReplyDeleteThe other place I was looking for was called Chinaman's Peak till the pc crowd got involved and changed it to Ha Ling Peak - right in Canmore. Hopefully you got it since I imagine you're on your way back by now.
Safe travels. and I'm jealous ;-)
Rick, I hope you get this before I head out tomorrow, where abouts is Chinaman's Peak? I'm in no huge rush to get on the highway tomorrow (later today) so maybe I could visit it.
ReplyDeleteYour welcome, I'm going to have to come back here for a visit in the summer time and take more photos. It's so beautiful here and there's so much to see, I can only imagine the photo opportunities in the summer.
Nothing to be jealous of, you just got back from Florida! ;-) Have a great day!