I am now plunging into my two correspondence courses and realize what a mistake to take courses this way. One of the courses is suggesting a minimum of 120 hours, that's one course! The other one is looking like a crazy making amount of work as well. To take a course in class is only about 39 hours in total, add the homework and maybe it's only about 80 hours total. That's one full week extra per course, what have I gotten myself into here?
Today I realized that I'd best get cracking so out came the books, I realized that I was getting nowhere real fast with all the distractions at home so I headed down to the nearest library, that worked.
I managed to get a fair amount of reading done and I realized that this next few months could be spent at my local library. I want to get these two courses out of the way ASAP. If this is what it takes to discipline myself to get the work done so be it.
Heavy sigh....

Oh, libraries are a place in which I unfortuanetlly cannot focus on reading, I can only get a book and go home
ReplyDeleteLibraries are wonderful for all sorts of things aren't they? :)
ReplyDeleteI've said it many times before but I'll say it again: you are amazing! I don't know how you do it!
I'm sure you'll excel in this new round of studying! :)
Keep at it Darlin, it will be over soon.
ReplyDeleteYou are indeed amazing! And I don't know how you do it. Library's can be life savers. Just the place for quietness and study! Hang in there. Blessings jane
ReplyDeleteDarlene,
ReplyDeleteYou are self disciplined, and a beautiful perspective you have chosen there. Your camera settings were perfectly set for lighting and atmosphere.
Greetz,
Joseph
ummmm...would you like to plan a holiday with me when you're through his self-discipline thing?
ReplyDeleteWow. You never go the easy route. I am super proud of you.
wow you are going to be one clever little bunny that is for sure. I think you will need to take an education break soon or you will burst.
ReplyDeleteSi x
Going to the library can work wonders...although at times I stumble on other stuff that takes me attention away.....but in the end it all gets done...and you have a very strong will power to see it through! Take some time to have some fun this weekend too!
ReplyDeleteOla, I only had to move once and got to sit in a spot where there were others focusing on their reading. If I'm at home I get distracted way to easy. Not many people I know hang out in the public library so I'm pretty safe there, nobody interrupts me thankfully.
ReplyDeleteAndy, I'm determined to get this degree. I've been waiting a lot of years to do something like this and never thought it would really happen but it's happening. One more short year that I know will fly by and I'll be done! For a while anyways, I MIGHT go back part time after working for a year and see about getting the Masters... a huge MIGHT! It depends on where I'm at in life. One day and one essay at a time!
Horst, I sure hope so! I'm getting all studied out and the nerve wracking exams are crazy making... oh well, now I have an excuse for my occasional bursts if insanity! lol
Joseph, it's a long lonely road to get this degree, thanks to all of you here I have managed to have some communication with people who are so kind and extremely supportive. You've all helped me along on my journey through sharing photos and comments, or chats as we seem to have on your blog... chats I've come to enjoy and the information sharing is appreciated immensely, thank you! Cheers.
Dawn, thank you and you bet we'll have to take some type of a holiday, even if I have to work for a year first to save up... we can go sometime during Christmas break possibly. Take in some fun in the sun while it's -40 back home! Sounds like one heck of a plan, first I'm going to get out to visit and come and see if I have the courage to get on one of your horses, that could be interesting. If nothing else we can blog about the experience! lol
Si, too late! lol
Karen I'm working for a few hours on Saturday and spending some time with my granddaughter on Sunday which I'm looking forward to. Other than that I have to focus on studies unfortunately, I've barely started with the readings and I want both of these courses done my mid July at the latest, the push is going to be on here now. I just hope it all goes as planned AND I have a 10 day get away in June, this could get very interesting! lol
Have a wonderful day everyone!
Wow! Good luck on your courses, haha.
ReplyDeleteI love the photo. I'm a bit of a read-a-holic. ;)