Today I couldn't stand it anymore, I HAD to do some spring cleaning so out came a set of windows. I've been waiting patiently to put up my second set of drapes in my bedroom but today my patience ran out and up they went and the window is now clean.
The hold up is some taping which has to be finished but oh well, I'll have to bag the drapes when it's time to sand and poly off everything but I feel much better now. If only everything in life were this simple.

OMG, my windows also require cleaning which I simply hate and try to postpone as much as possible...:)
ReplyDeleteI have some windows that need cleaning but bring a ladder as they are on the second floor lol.
ReplyDeleteSi
I saw the reflection of the ladder in the glass and thought they were broken at first glance!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it nice to get some things done? I have a couple of major projects waiting for a little bit better weather. Tammy is already starting to work in the yard and do some of her stuff!
IT'S SPRING!!!!!
But everything in life consists of such small steps. So you are on the right road, friend!
ReplyDeleteHey too simple wouldn't be fun would it?! But you are doing fantastic...think about it...school, work, caring for a darling dog and house...spending time for family and an adorable grandbaby that quite frankly can take up so much fun time...and you throw in the mix remodel of rooms...you have a very full plate...but it keeps you going...here is a fun link which features more of that lovely photo you liked....check it out! grab some coffee, wine or what ever and just view some of nature's beauty!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.jardin-exotique.mc/jardin_eng.htm
My windows are filthy, but I haven't had the time to clean them yet.
ReplyDeleteWow, love the photo! The fun of Spring cleaning aye? Haha.
ReplyDeleteUgh. How CAN you feel inspired to Spring Clean when we have no spring;);)
ReplyDeleteWell Yay....I am trying to feel inspired.....maybe next week:)
Ola hire somebody! :-)
ReplyDeleteSi, just hand out the one window if it's a double window. I've seen them do it in the movies and it seems to work for them... don't look down and don't fall! lol
Irina, thank you. I like to think so most of the time. Have a wonderful day!
Karen add in raising my 15 year old niece and you about got it... oh and my long distance boyfriend and yup that about covers it! lol I will check out the link, maybe with a bottle of water though, I don't do caffeine nor alcohol but I smoke occasionally YUCK, trying to quit but not too hard yet. There now you know almost everything about me, except my blood type! lol I'm just being goofy tonight, I get that way some nights after a long day. I'm glad though that my one window is clean, that's about all the spring cleaning I have, the rest will be more painting. I have the ceilings to get to and more trim, the downstairs bathroom and a few other minor things and now I have a deadline for myself, the end of May. I'm going to totally love it when I get a job, then I can relax! Have a great day and thanks.
Kathy, all in good time you'll get it all done or like I mentioned to Ola, hire someone... that works as well! :-) I'm just a starving student so I have to do my own work... for now. Most likely for always but it sounded good.
ReplyDeleteSaz, it's the attitude one brings along with them to get the job done. Crank up the tunes and just give 'er! lol Thanks.
Dawn, it must be spring here. I saw some young girls wearing short shorts today. Only in Alberta eh? lol Not I, I still had on my not winter, not spring yet jacket... I don't know what to call it but I think that you know what I mean, don't you? Have a great night!
I can honestly say that I haven't experienced a spring day that makes me want to rush out and clean windows ! I've experienced many spring days but somehow they just don't have that effect on me !
ReplyDelete;-)
Rick, you're hilarious! lol This must be totally a female thing, have you noticed that when I post about tools, renos, or old vehicles the responses I get are mostly male and when I post about cleaning.... need I say more? LOL
ReplyDeleteYep !
ReplyDelete;-)
LOL I find it interesting to say the least. Last night in woman's studies someone asked if we ever escaped our gender specific roles, I answered yes some of us do, just talk to a single mother who has a drill in one hand and is stirring a pot with the other hand. ;-)
ReplyDeleteAndy sorry I didn't realize that you posted a comment here, I found it in the "needs moderation" section. I've taken that off now, it's too much of a pain in the butt to be bothered with it.
ReplyDeleteNo, the only thing I've broken around here lately is some glass from a frame, it was cracked so I busted it up to put in the garbage, it was fun doing that! I know, cheap thrills! lol That's great that you're getting spring there as well, it's looking that way here as well but it's going to be a while until I can do any lawn work, thankfully. With finals next week I have to get prepared for them and it's been challenging staying indoors all weekend but I've done it, until today this is. I'm about to head out for a while before I get cabin fever! lol Have a fantastic Sunday!