Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Supports

Hi there, me again.... 

I was wondering if any of you have the spare time if you could drop into my sisters blog and maybe offer some words of support, she's undertaking a new lifestyle change through trying to get healthy and has been blogging for a bit now. I'm the only one who visits her site and I was hoping that I could muster up some supports for her. I'd appreciate this.

Hers's her blogsite, or here's the link
http://my17days.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

19 comments:

  1. Darlene,
    I have joined your lovely sister's blog, it is wonderful to share a journey with someone, so I am thrilled to share it with her and you.
    I love the idea of inspiration on a journey like this - way to go Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following too! I'm struggling to lose weight as well and had a bad wake-up call yesterday when I couldn't get my one pair of pants fastened! I think she'll be an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Beverly and Andy, I'm sure that my sister will also appreciate your support and Andy I'm behind you 100%, keep us posted k? Have a great day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It brought tears to my eyes this morning reading extra comments. Thank you all so much for sending some inspiration my way. xoxo

    And, I think I figured out how to add myself as a follower here so can keep up to what's happening with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yipeee, you're my 100th follower Cat! :-) I feel that no matter what the goal or purpose that we could all use some supports in our lives and I have some amazing friends here on Blogger, people who mean something to me, one's who I'd love to meet in person one day and who knows, I just may get that chance in the future. I wasn't sure if you'd mind me doing this, you weren't supposed to figure out that I did this but I'm busted! lol Have a great day sis and I'll chat with you soon! One day at a time and you're well on your way.

    What the heck, I'm on hold long distance to Colorado on my cell phone! Grrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in Southern California.

    When you wrote that your sister was considering a "Lifestyle change" my mind immediately jumped to what people do here when they say that. I thought that she planned to become a man, to tattoo herself from the crown of her head, to the souls of her feet or to dance naked at night under the full moon in the forrest with the druids...

    I was relived to hear that she wanted to loose a couple of pounds. Though with the way you cook, she needs to maintain her distance from the gormet table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LL I'm not so sure I want to come to California if this is what a lifestyle change entails out there! That's a wee bit drastic even for me. lol

    My sister is also one heck of a good cook, actually all of my sisters are good cooks... it must run in the genes. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Done....I even found out how to join her blog its a bit hard to know without the usual pictures of the followers on the side. Will be intersting too see her progress.
    hope your great to Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlin, I am heading over to join your sister's site. Always happy to help a fellow blogger! Blessings jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heading over now:))
    (And as for which barn I am? It depends on the day;))

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are all amazing, wonderful people. Thank you!

    Dawn, when I was looking at that I think that I could slot myself into a few different barn types as well, great metaphor!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh GRRRRRR! As of a few days ago I lost my "commenting ability" on blogs that have word verification after typing the comment. I have no idea why! But it's starting to tick me off...
    Anyway! I popped on over to your dear sister's blog and wrote a comment (that didn't post), but thank you for sharing her link! I will keep trying on this comment thing. And if you know of a trick to get it to work again....please tell?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll have to see how she has her blog set up. Maybe next week after my Canmore trip I can take a drive over for a visit. I'll be done with my courses I have to attend the universities for this week! I'll still have one take home exam to finalize this term and then I'm heading straight into two U of Athabasca courses, I want to ensure I have all of my courses to graduate in 2012. I need a break from studies so one year off studies then it's time to work then maybe after a year I'll apply for the Masters... I must be insane! lol Thanks Dawn, have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - not sure where you get the time Darlene (actually I think I know - you don't sleep !) but you've been busy making photos and posts, PLUS studying ...

    Love those flower shots - great colour for the dreary day we had here, and the shot of that employee-turned-to-stone was hilarious !

    On my way to your sister's blog now ...

    Go blast through that final ! Oh, I'll be looking for a shot of Chinaman's Peak and the Three Sisters when you get back from Canmore. no excuses ! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rick, I had to laugh as I read this... I do sleep, just enough some nights, like tonight it's looking like. The final, I'm hoping for at least an 80 but think that I wrote at about a 75. It was one tough test, what makes me glad is the one young lady who is all brains vocalized this to me after we were done writing.

    Thanks for heading over, I'm sure that my sis is going to appreciate this immensely! :-)

    And it looks like I'm going to be doing some googling before I head out at lunch on Friday, I've never been to Canmore but you bet I'll get those shots in, I'll give it my best shot. Unfortunately they're calling for snow tomorrow both here and in Canmore but temps of +1 so it should melt quickly. I'll take 3 seasons of clothing with me, spring, fall and winter, that should about cover it.

    Have a great night Rick, you must have your net fixed up now??

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll go check it out and follow her (: Your so lovely sharing it for her!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Saz, thank you. I'm out of breath, I just caught up on your blog finally! lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. The tech is scheduled to come Friday morning. It's working but quite slowly. After experiencing 6Mb+ in Florida, and paying for 3Mb here and getting about 6% of it, I bit the bullet and called our ISP (I have an Excel file where I log all my calls - and there have been LOTS !). Problem in a rural area is that there's no choice of suppliers (ugghh !)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rick I wish that they'd open up the market for competition. As I mentioned in a comment on your blog that at the farm we use the stick (portable internet) and actually it works as well as my internet does in the city. It's not too bad price wise, I just hope that they don't start charging extra if we go over our basic services. Wouldn't that be a breach of contract? If we agreed to their services which include unlimited access to internet then they decide to charge per usage, they would be dishonoring their offer to existing customers. That would make for an interesting case. I hope that you get your internet up and running soon, it is frustrating to have to wait, we live in such an instant society today!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.