Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Bed for Donkey


Yesterday some amazing people showed up in Pukatja, they are working with, or volunteering with, the Salvation Army. They brought with them beds, bedding, clothing, dishes and a whole array of things which are badly needed by the people in the Lands. We helped off load and set up today as well as with the sale. I couldn't help but take one last photo of the donkeys, they were right in there claiming their new beds!


I'm on the road again in the morning, these kind people are giving me a ride back to Adelaide, we should arrive there sometime around sixish on Saturday. It's going to be wonderful to be back in the city; in the meantime I'm going to enjoy the journey... after all it's the journey that makes all the difference in the world. 

Have a wonderful weekend and see you all in a few days. Cheers.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Shayne, I think I'm going to miss these donkeys!

      Delete
  2. A really different kind of life from good old Edmonton! We are too far removed from life on the land. we stay indoors too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red I totally agree that we, or the majority of us spend way to much time indoors, in Alberta when it's -20 and upwards there's no way I'm going out to 'play', and that looks after about 6 months of the year! lol All kidding aside this has been an amazing experience, the kids still play outdoors here, there's donkeys roaming around, a short walk out of the community there's wild horses, the birds and who can forget the dogs? My goodness are there ever a ton of dogs here, but I'll leave here today with an abundance of photos, tons of memories and some valuable life lessons. Now to get ready or I'll miss my ride... heaven forbid! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I had a vision of the three bears. This one is too hard. This one is too soft. This one is just right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL and there is 3 donkeys that wonder around the community! Have a wonderful weekend Galen!

      Delete
  5. Happy trails back! The background in this photo is really showing off some lovely country side too... mountains? Nice collection of goods too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, it really is a beautiful place I was staying at if one looks beyond the poverty and such, the scenery is fantastic and the people were starting to recognize me and I was getting a few hello's in the community, but I had to leave for my sanities sake. The travels today... more on that later. We stopped for the evening now and are spending the night at about the half way mark... a real bed! I'll sleep good tonight!

      Delete
  6. You are having an amazing adventure - having experiences in Australia that most Australians will never experience!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Davine I've come to realize this, the Lands I would do all over again in a heartbeat, that was definitely an experience of a lifetime! I'll share more of my experiences with you when we meet up. Cheers!

      Delete
  7. What an adventure!! So happy for you! Stepping out of your comfort zone and having these new experiences is amazing! Glad you share them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Linda, life in general is amazing, now adding this trip it's phenomenal! I love sharing my journey and experiences here with all of you and I appreciate you all sharing yours with me. Hopefully tomorrow morning I'll get the opportunity to visit. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.